Hey.
I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde Signature.
Yeah, I know, but it was only 400 bucks, and I needed to buy other stuff.
The first thing I want to do to it is get rid of the passive EMG's in it - so should I do this myself or is it a job for a luthier? If it's not worth the luthier money, how would I do it?
Thanks.
Go for a luthier if they charge a reasonable price. I wouldn't have it done if it was over like 100 bucks. You won't have to hassle with all the wires and soldering either.
Quote by qstionauthority
Go for a luthier if they charge a reasonable price. I wouldn't have it done if it was over like 100 bucks. You won't have to hassle with all the wires and soldering either.
OVER 100? I wouldn't have it done if it was anywhere even remotely near 100.

You can change pickups yourself for the grand total price of about $15 (plus cost of the new pickups of course) and ten minutes' effort.

Read the stickied thread, point #6, for info on how to change pickups yourself
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Do it youself mate. No point paying someone to do it.
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
catch me a fish i'll eat for today... teach me to fish and i'll eat for a lifetime...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I don't have my own amp, 'cause I'm actually a piano teacher, but my guitarist sometimes let me use his stuff:
-Peavey 5150 Head and Cab for rhythm
-Marshall 250DFX for leads *shrugs* It's not that horrible.
He's picking up a new Marshall cab in a week.
I know it's not an MG cab, but I'm not sure, it could be Mode Four, don't know enough about it to tell you.
I'm looking for a metal-to-hard rock tone that sounds good on recording.