hey

i wana change pick-ups on my guitar but alot of people are telling me its not worthit unless you have a good enough amp....i dont no anythig about amps 2bh....i no mines not the best tho, its a marshall 15 cdr (thats what it says on the amp) so is it worth me changing my pick-ups or does this amp suck ass??

and if it does suck ass what sort of amp can i get thta doesnt suck ass and round about how much would i need to spend??

hmb

thanks
your amp sux balls. Changing pups isnt going to help that much. What can u get? Need alot of info first.
1. what style of music are you going for.
2. Where are you going to play....(bedroom? garage? dormroom? studio? stage?)
3. How much can u possibly beg, borrow, steal to spend.

My theory is buy the best amp possible.
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG

My theory is buy the best amp possible.

this guy is a genius and i agree with him 100%

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

amp bro. tell us how much money can be spent on the amp and we'll save you from your box of pain (MG).

I MYSELF put in new pups before i did get a tube amp, but this was after upgrading from a 10 watt toneblaster to a 30 watt Vox ADVT. i played my firstact guitar thru the vox for a few months till Xmas when i got my SG a couple years back. then i eventually swapped the pups. i did notice a change in sound though, it was better and all, but it was the dramatic difference like i heard when i switched from my ibanez amp to the vox. but i already knew i was committed to guitar as much as possible and had plans on keeping that guitar for a while anyways, so why not get some upgrades for your favorite axe? it's still my main axe. when i got my first tube amp this past December, the tone was HEAVENLY. the only thing i don't like is taht i couldn't tell what my SG would have sounded like BEFORE swapping the pups and playing it through a tube amp....but o well, everything's worked out for the best so far

get a new amp first. you'll hear how much better you sound and prolly get a HUGE motivation to play more.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
oh and if you don't have much money to spend on a new amp (like $200 to $300 price range) then i recommend a AD30VT by vox. FUN amp. GREAT tone.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
hey just to let you know, go delete ur post in Electric Guitar forum. go to "edit" and then just delete it. you're not allowed to have two of the same posts in different forums. just a fyi so you don't get urself a bunch of crap for it. you'll get tons more help in this forum anyways.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
ok so my amp sux balls lol

well iv been down my local guitar shop 2day and he said pretty much the same....

i play rock and metal really, favourite bands are chillis and a7x.....i will be playin in a garage for now but hopfully playing in a band soon as, i just dont actually no anybody that plays any kind of instrument tho lol....and im willing to spend about £350 for this amp
any ideas for me???