On May the 1st fourteen years ago, Ayrton Senna was killed in a horrific crash at the Tamburello corner. Pay tribute to the great man here.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Who dies Go-Karting?

Nah it was in F1. Kiyiko did I get the date of his death wrong or something?
Quote by metallicat420
Perhaps the people who survived the sport are greater?

Accidents happen. Senna wasn't responsible as it was more than likely a technical failure, he was no more at fault for his own death than Cliff Burton was for his.
Why is Cliff Burton always brought into any kind of conversation about death whatsoever on these forums?
I'm a communist. Really.
Yeah, I always remember Senna's death even though I was young, because it happened the day before my birthday.

Senna was definately one of the greats of F1.

EDIT And didn't another driver die on the Saturday during qualifying? I'm pretty sure this led Senna to tell the race officials that the track was too dangerous due to unprotected concrete barriers
Last edited by steee21 at May 2, 2008,
I hate to say it but I don't remember it at the time, although I was only three. My F1 interest started at about 4, so I must've just missed him, real real shame.
I brought up Cliff Burton because the rather silly fellow I was replying to had 'metallica' in his name, and I wanted to provide an example relevant for him. You can substitute it for any of your heroes that have died through no fault of their own.
Quote by metallicat420

Don't be so cocky it was the car's fault

R.I.P
Quote by steee21
EDIT And didn't another driver die on the Saturday during qualifying? I'm pretty sure this led Senna to tell the race officials that the track was too dangerous due to unprotected concrete barriers

Yep:

At the third race of the season, the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola, Senna declared that this was where his season would start, with fourteen races, as opposed to sixteen, in which to win the title. Senna again placed the car on pole, but he was particularly upset by two events. On Friday, during the afternoon qualifying session, Senna's protégé, the then F1 newcomer Rubens Barrichello, was involved in a serious accident that prevented him from competing in the race. The next day, Austrian driver Roland Ratzenberger was killed in a practice accident.
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
He was a great racing driver, But I wasn't a fan of his attitude.

But My hat is off to his Talents behind the wheel by all means!

Senna and RatzenBerger Were the last drivers to die Racing with F1. So the Investigation lead to Improvements in racing all together and probably saved more lives.

RIP Senna & Ratzenberger
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
He was a great racing driver, But I wasn't a fan of his attitude.

But My hat is off to his Talents behind the wheel by all means!

Senna and RatzenBerger Were the last drivers to die Racing with F1. So the Investigation lead to Improvements in racing all together and probably saved more lives.

RIP Senna & Ratzenberger

Nice sentiment. I love your random capitalisation though!
Quote by saphrax
Nice sentiment. I love your random capitalisation though!

Thanks, holy **** I just realised my random capitalisation.

I must ****ing love the shift key.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Cliff died so, is that supposed to affect me...Im a guitarist. He's overrated. Somebody sig me, I dare you.

The only thing dead famous people are famous for is, well, being dead. They didn't pay much attention to Jimi when he was alive, he died...automatic legend, thats how it works, Randy, Stevie, Cliff, Lennon, Cobain (some kids on these forums, omgz best songwriter eva!1).
we should all take a moment to celebrate this great day in history.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by steee21
Yeah, I always remember Senna's death even though I was young, because it happened the day before my birthday.

Senna was definately one of the greats of F1.

yea some guy called rowland ratzenburger for one of the lower down teams, and rubens barichello had a really severe crash on the friday free practice

rip ayrton
Quote by metallicat420

Idiot. Depending on what you believe either the steering collumn broke or the car bottomed out. No fault of his.

Quote by metallicat420
Cliff died so, is that supposed to affect me...Im a guitarist. He's overrated. Somebody sig me, I dare you.

The only thing dead famous people are famous for is, well, being dead. They didn't pay much attention to Jimi when he was alive, he died...automatic legend, thats how it works, Randy, Stevie, Cliff, Lennon, Cobain (some kids on these forums, omgz best songwriter eva!1).

Idiot. Senna was regarded as one of the greatest before his death, he isnt overrated due to his death. And its a bit sad to pretty much ask someone to sig you.

Quote by Fuzzbox91
we should all take a moment to celebrate this great day in history.

Why?
Quote by LinkManDX
That's it, everybody go home, thread won by [sam].
I hate great F1 or any type of racing players getting killed for silly accidents

Just look at Gonchi Rodriguez, you should watch his video, he had the worst luck ever (he wasn't F1 though)

Here is a video....
Just look at Williamson's one, it makes me angry (part of the video is missing though)
There are some very gross ones too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64u5M5-uSpU&feature=related
Quote by metallicat420

You've got to be kidding about Lennon and Cobain.

Lennon: Beatlemania anyone?

Cobain: Nirvana was the Beatles of the early 90s practically.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.