I have recently (two months ago) broken up with my girlfriend of over 4 years. Now, I dated my chica for from the age of about 14 through 18 (and today I just turned 19). In the past, before ever meeting her, I remember not thinking much about my alone time. Indeed, I remember having many a good time when I was alone. I would just hang out all day chatting away on the net, playing games, talking to friends over AIM. Time passed nicely. But, after 4 years of spending basically all of my time with her, and very little of my time alone, I notice it's now not so easy passing time alone. Sure, some days will come where I won't think twice about it, and with my guitar in hand, and a list of friends to call in hand, I am ready to tackle the time away, but others, such as this now, leave me with the worst feelings of loneliness. I don't quite know how to describe it.

It's in this time I ask you UG: do you ever feel lonely, even after spending tons of time with a good amount of people?
The times they are a changin'.....
I've been in that same boat. you just feel empty and not exactly sure what to do with yourself. It's a ****ed up kind of loneliness.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Not really, I dated a girl for 2 and a half years, spent all my time with her. When we broke up it felt so ****ing great to be alone.

Man up dude.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
Nope.
Thats what Palmela is for.

IIIIII see what you did there...
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
i havent had a gf for 5 years. i dont know if i care or not.

ive picked up a **** load of hussys, been asked out about 7 times but i just dont care.

20 years old and i think love is for dedicated people who want to get married n ****.
I usually feel that there are too few nice people in the world, but I tend to enjoy solitude.
I'm a communist. Really.
A lot of the time, I really do see what you guys are saying, but I came from a lifestyle, where for the past four years, almost 95% of my time was spent with others. Keep in mind, my girlfriend practically lived with me from the ages of 14-18.

To the guy who said "man up", come on.

The problem is I just sometimes feel that life has no point at all.
I just came out of an almost 9 year marriage back in September and have quite enjoyed the freedom of not being in any relationships since. Granted I have been lonely on occasion, but mostly I'm enjoying my free time and my money... that and the lonely spells are great for songwriting material
Quote by Raziel2p
I usually feel that there are too few nice people in the world, but I tend to enjoy solitude.

+1, just having a few good frineds keeps me happy.
You are right HauntedBoy. But I get these ridiculous feelings of basically finding anything wrong with anything, even to the point of cutting out my song writing.

To me, there almost is no sad song. If I'm sad, I just sit around feeling sad. If I'm happy, I'll write songs. If I'm sad, can't even begin to play. Perhaps it is because I feel I am losing my chances quickly at life.

I had a fun, fun FUN FUN! time in high school. But I did terribly. I didn't get into college. I'm at community college now, failing classes as we speak. I have no idea where my life is heading, I'm 19, and totally ****ing lost. My girl of 4 years just left me, all I want to do is take a vacation and get the hell out of the same old. But it won't happen any time soon. All I have to look forward to is searching out some **** job, coming home, and getting drunk on the weekends. That makes me feel like death.
Last edited by Italy's Finest at May 2, 2008,
Seeing as how I seem to practice normally 7-12 hours a day and have no friends were I live cause I recently moved here from my home town

Yeah lol
although I love to play guitar so I hardly think about it, but when I have to put it down to go into town or whatever I do get a little lonely sometimes
With is ironic cause I hate being with people to long so I can't win either way lol
But it is rare that it bothers me, I love to isolate myself for some reason, can't stand relationships and all that **** either
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Last edited by Jesus=ConArtist at May 2, 2008,
A lot of the time I'm listening to songs such as "Alone" by AIC and "By myself" by Linkin Park and "Lonely Day" by SOAD. So yeah, I'm a pretty social person and I spend a lot of time with people.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by En_zed
A lot of the time I'm listening to songs such as "Alone" by AIC and "By myself" by Linkin Park and "Lonely Day" by SOAD. So yeah, I'm a pretty social person and I spend a lot of time with people.

I spend tons of time with people. It doesn't mean you can't feel lost.
Quote by Italy's Finest

To the guy who said "man up", come on.

I'm not your guy, friend.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Quote by Jesus=ConArtist
Seeing as how I seem to practice normally 7-12 hours a day and have no friends were I live cause I recently moved here from my home town

Yeah lol
although I love to play guitar so I hardly think about it, but when I have to put it down to go into town or whatever I do get a little lonely sometimes
With is ironic cause I hate being with people to long so I can't win either way lol
But it is rare that it bothers me, I love to isolate myself for some reason, can't stand relationships and all that **** either

I too practice the guitar for an insane amount of hours each and every day. But my own friends have criticized me on this trait more than enough times.

Instead of priding myself on the playing, I sometimes learn to hate myself for it.

I'm only good because I wasted tons of time doing this.

Time I should have been out exploring the world with, or studying, or something.

Do you get what I am saying?
Well. I went through almost the same situation as you.

I found god.

*flameshield*
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by Italy's Finest
I spend tons of time with people. It doesn't mean you can't feel lost.

Well It was just a joke but I see what you're saying. Are you lost?

Uhm... Happy Birthday!

and... go out and party (u'll get used to being "alone", or find somebody new).
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Italy's Finest
I too practice the guitar for an insane amount of hours each and every day. But my own friends have criticized me on this trait more than enough times.

Instead of priding myself on the playing, I sometimes learn to hate myself for it.

I'm only good because I wasted tons of time doing this.

Time I should have been out exploring the world with, or studying, or something.

Do you get what I am saying?

Well dude Find some other musicians to jam with, Even if it means travelling. No musicians?? Well Get some hardware based progrmas or learn to play more Instruments, Record, Put cd's Out there man...If you got good talent you gotta show somebody you go it.
Metal!!!/COLOR]<br><br>
Gear:
LTD M-200FM
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Boss GE-7
Zoom II Effects Pedal
Quote by BrokenBricks
I'm not your guy, friend.

hes not your friend, buddy

also, theres nothing you can do about it. ive tried. my life is currently **** as well
Quote by En_zed
Well It was just a joke but I see what you're saying. Are you lost?

I would say so yes if I wasn't I would make such a thread.

More or less, I'm not ashamed to share when I'm feeling a bit low.

I have mood swings.

When I made the thread, less than an hour ago, I felt very down. Now I am feeling a bit more up, somewhat due to the comments I've been left. That is how life goes mate. I just like talking.
everyone's life sucks at one point or another, I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 2 and a half years which I mentioned earlier, I moved to a new town and lost all my friends, and all I do is work, and play guitar.

but life goes on, I know there is no point to being all emo, because soon I will finally have my license, I will be able to get back up to my friends, I will be able to sustain a relationship, and life will get better.

life gets worse before it gets better, and so on. it's an endless cycle, so the most you can do is push through the hard times and enjoy the good times.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAADE IN THE WAAAAAAAAAATER WAAAAAAADE IN THE WAAAAAAATAH CHILLRUNN
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Quote by hmblm12
hes not your friend, buddy

also, theres nothing you can do about it. ive tried. my life is currently **** as well

hes not your buddy, guy
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Italy's Finest
I would say so yes if I wasn't I would make such a thread.

More or less, I'm not ashamed to share when I'm feeling a bit low.

I have mood swings.

When I made the thread, less than an hour ago, I felt very down. Now I am feeling a bit more up, somewhat due to the comments I've been left. That is how life goes mate. I just like talking.

Then keep talking.

*Sings Pink Floyd's "Keep Talking" song*

I love being alone

If I had to see my friends both in school and in private more than I do now I would scream
Go fishing man!!!!!

I know it sound retarded, but trust me! Its awesome and you can pass time and meditate(without a ****ing bamboo mat and going "aaaaoooooommm") and collect your thoughts and get yourself aware of your own way of thinking. And as you master the different skills youll discover that you basicly dont "need" anyone, but at the same time its nice to have some peeps around you.
Stuff:VOX AD50VT
Gibson SG faded
Old steelstringed calssic
Hag Viking

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well aren't you the ignorant asshat?
Yes, I am similar. Had a girlfriend for a while and now none. No friends makes the situation worse. I am always alone. Although everyone is always alone. No one can be with you in your own mind. I seem to be stuck with myself.
./|\
(\o )=w==>
./ \

˙ᴥ˘