Hiya. this is my first thread, so try and be nice!

I have a problem with my vox ad15vt. When playing, there is this annoying 'ticking' sound-kinda like the thing u get if u stick a bit of paper in a fan or something. i've tried both my guitars on it, and the same thing exists, tried all the models, with and without effects, and nothing i do can get rid of it...

Any ideas??

TIA
My Gear:
Ibanez SA
Shine Tele (with Leather scratchplate )
HondoII Bass ????! (Broken )
Cello (Ebay jobby )
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Peavy Backstage 30
Zoom G2.1U
Tascam GT-2

Mr Blue Sky
i have the higher model the ad30vt and this never happened to me. how old is the amp? because if its new it will come with a 2 yr warranty. I presume there is a problem with the wiring because one of my pedals, the digitech death metal, was ticking and cutting out all the time and that was the wiring. I doubt there is a problem with the valves though. best thing is get a professional to look at it.
Quote by Hexodrome
i have the higher model the ad30vt and this never happened to me. how old is the amp? because if its new it will come with a 2 yr warranty. I presume there is a problem with the wiring because one of my pedals, the digitech death metal, was ticking and cutting out all the time and that was the wiring. I doubt there is a problem with the valves though. best thing is get a professional to look at it.

Happy with this amp?
I might get 1
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
Happy with this amp?
I might get 1

Just got mine a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Bar was low though as I came from an MG15dfx. Think it's still pretty great beside this though.
Quote by Harjibaby
Hiya. this is my first thread, so try and be nice!

I have a problem with my vox ad15vt. When playing, there is this annoying 'ticking' sound-kinda like the thing u get if u stick a bit of paper in a fan or something. i've tried both my guitars on it, and the same thing exists, tried all the models, with and without effects, and nothing i do can get rid of it...

Any ideas??

TIA

I have a AD30VT and it is creating the same clicking noise. It has to be a wiring issue. I've unplugged and shut off everything wireless and wired alike and damn if it didn't show up the next time I turned it back on. When I leave it sit for a bit, it will not click, it's only when the amp starts heating up is when it begins clicking...about 3 to 5 minutes afterward. I've never had a problem with this before, but it is a definite problem now. I've had my amp for a year and half with no problems...all of the sudden, boom. There's a problem. I love the amp, I refuse to use anything else after I modeled a killer sound, but now I cannot record because of it...and I have lucrative gig that I need to record for! I don't have anything else that will compare to it.
I used to have a Vox AD100H and thought it was a pretty cool amp. There is a great VOX forum (sorry I don't remember the address) that I used to get info from. May want to google and see if you can find it. Anyway, clicking sounds could be caused from a "timing" effect like delay. So make sure all effects are off completely (even though it sounds like you did this.) Also, may want to run a patch cable through FX Send and Return with nothing connected. I remember the FX Loop used to cause some problems. Also, there have been reliability issues with these amps (since they started making them in Korea - or some new place.)

Finally, I agree with the Poster above - take advantage of the warranty!

Best of luck to you guys, I know having problems with your amp sucks.