£11 say's the difference.

76.2cmx10.2cmx5cm

Worth it?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
where from that cheap ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
purpleheart is a very cheap wood. (picnic tables in New York are made out of them because they are so ****ing heavy that no one will steal them).

its ugly when it ages. After about 3-4 months it turns to a purple-diarhea-brown color.

Any tool you use to cut purpleheart, you can kiss goodbye, the silica content in purpleheart is absolutely outrageous.

You want to make sure your board is 6% moisture content or IT WILL WARP when its cut. trust me.

It sands out to a smooth-excellent finish. The pores are so tight that if you try to spray lacuqer/polyurethane on it, it simply will not take very well. oiling doesnt work either. play it raw.
fight the power that be
Haha.
I best not get it really then.
I like the look of it fresh, but if it ages as bad as you stated I'll not bother.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
Quote by Guitarzan1143
its ugly when it ages. After about 3-4 months it turns to a purple-diarhea-brown color.

I have to courteously disagree with him. I think it looks fine when it ages. Purpleheart, when handled right, can make a great neck. Although I have never seen a full neck made out of it, I have sure seen many laminated necks made with it.

If you want a really cool thread to cool up, look up Chrisb's thread about making a purpleheart guitar. It is really cool.

I will see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found it, the entire top of the guitar is purpleheart.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
Last edited by pyromaniac7234 at May 3, 2008,
Quote by pyromaniac7234
I have to courteously disagree with him. I think it looks fine when it ages. Purpleheart, when handled right, can make a great neck. Although I have never seen a full neck made out of it, I have sure seen many laminated necks made with it.

If you want a really cool thread to cool up, look up Chrisb's thread about making a purpleheart guitar. It is really cool.

I will see if I can find it for you.

EDIT: Found it, the entire top of the guitar is purpleheart.

I'm planning on making my first 'proper' neck, I'm making it all out of purpleheart.
I'll be putting the truss in from the back i.e. Skunk Striping it so I'm not touching the top.
Quote by demoniacfashion

Quote by Oasis-fanatic

Quote by human panda
the dust makes you nauseous. check wikipedia.
i have a 'white guitar'