They suck. Most sloppy guitarists i've ever heard.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Bastard Son
They suck. Most sloppy guitarists i've ever heard.

+1 dude, +1 ! he's amazingly fast but it sucks :s
Although i hate them, have you seen Herman Li's new signature? It plays really well!
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
The attitude this forum holds to Dragonforce today is a polar opposite to a few years ago when even Bo's sig said "Dragonforce pwn"
Quote by Guitarmike123
Dragonforce while not being the best powermetal band definitely have some enjoyable tunes.
It's sad to see all the bandwagon jumping in this thread from wannabe "kvltists". Please back up your statements with reasonable arguments.

Also there's allready a Dragonforce thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782805&highlight=dragonforce

I did back up my argument, I said they are sloppy.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Bastard Son
I did back up my argument, I said they are sloppy.

I'd love to hear in which song they have sloppy guitarwork.
Quote by Guitarmike123
I'd love to hear in which song they have sloppy guitarwork.

...Go on youtube and look for the guitar lessons with Herman Li. Then try and tell me he's not sloppy.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Bastard Son
...Go on youtube and look for the guitar lessons with Herman Li. Then try and tell me he's not sloppy.

But are they sloppy in any of the studiorecordings?
awight so youw put wour fingez an you play de riff like tis

herman ri speaks with a half asian accent then a half british accent
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by Guitarmike123
But are they sloppy in any of the studiorecordings?

Well i doubt it because they will just change all of it using effects and what not. They are hardly going to leave a load of bum notes in there are they.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by Bastard Son
Well i doubt it because they will just change all of it using effects and what not. They are hardly going to leave a load of bum notes in there are they.

Well, then you can't claim that Dragonforce is sloppy just because of some youtube vids then. Like for example most of us have seen the vid of Carl Sanders playing that "diminished thingy" but no one says that Nile is sloppy.
Also I have worked in studios. There aren't any "magical effects" that will make your playing seem tighter. If he had played it sloppy on the recordings it would have sounded sloppy.
I can and will say they are sloppy. If you dont like it fine. But the various videos i have seen back my opinion up.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
DragonForce are sloppy. They spend 4,000 takes getting individual phrases of their stuff right in a studio.

What's the point of relying on pro-tools and 40,000 takes in a studio, if you can't take one deep breath live and pull it off first try?

Now, I do like DF. Good album stuff, even if it all starts to sound the same
Quote by Bastard Son
I can and will say they are sloppy. If you dont like it fine. But the various videos i have seen back my opinion up.

That's the thing. You've only seen live videos of the band. What's that got to do with the actual studio recorded music? Did you actually listen to any of that to form an opinion?
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I actually love dragonforce.
I think it sounds really good besides the vocals.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Just because they're sloppy in one vid doesn't mean they're always sloppy guitarists. I've seen them live twice, and they were sloppy at one show but really tight at another. And in some videos they actually do nail the stuff they're playing. So maybe they're a little inconsistent, but they're not just plain sloppy.
Inconsisent is bad though

It's not like they screw up at "one show"
I've talked to loads of people who've seen then and said it sucked because they messed up everything.
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie and say that they don't lose points for that, but it's retarded to try and discredit them as musicians just because they **** up sometimes like the people here do. It's not like they can't play their own stuff.
Quote by Guitarmike123
back up your statements with reasonable arguments.

No problem.
All their songs are pretty much the same, 8 minutes of tremolo picked riffs and then a "guitar solo" which is pure fretboard wanking.
Quote by Guitarmike123
Please back up your statements with reasonable arguments.

1. Everything darkstar2466 says is true.
2. Dragonforce is a terrible band.

Therefore,

3. Dragonforce is a terrible band.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie