I'm trying to use a metronome but i just cant do it. I caan follow the clicks of the metronome easy enough and i can do eighth notes but when i try to do sixteenth notes i just cant do it. Im always out of time.

Any tips? I have a keyboard taht has a metronome and a drum machne and ive been using them both. Ive been doing all sorts of tempos.

Realy fast but: that was to fast and i couldnt keep time

Realy slow: I just cant keep time

So any help?
remember that 16th notes you play in groups of four so you will accent on each metronome click and you play 4 notes for each click, i don't know how else to explain this but i hope it helps
Quote by GuitarGuitar
remember that 16th notes you play in groups of four so you will accent on each metronome click and you play 4 notes for each click, i don't know how else to explain this but i hope it helps

Yea i get that but i lose track off all the clicks =[

Would blasting the metronome help me? (Turn the volume all the way up)
choose a steady tempo, that isn't too fast or too slow. If it's too fast and you won't keep up, but if it's too slow and you may lose track. Just practice with it, you'll get it sooner or later. When you get it you'll find it really beneficial.

Maybe your technique is causing it. Are you alternate picking? are you changing strings? Maybe practice just picking the one note over and over in time with the metronome using alternate picking.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec