What would be the necessary steps to adding a lacquer/glossy type finish to a BFG?
Equpiment, how long it would take etc :P

Thanks for helping =)
Haha cool. Btw if you own a BFG.. the thought of changing pickups ever cross your mind :P
I would leave the BFG as it is, cosmetically. A solid colour finish will look like crap on that carved top. Swapping the burstbucker out for something hotter would be nice though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
I would leave the BFG as it is, cosmetically. A solid colour finish will look like crap on that carved top. Swapping the burstbucker out for something hotter would be nice though.

+1
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
yeah, if it's a gibson, you'll still get good money for it, swap it for a conventional les paul?
The only problem I see is that the BFG has a roughly carved top, its not smooth at all, it has giant chunks taken out as if it were carved with a chisel
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
I really liked the BFG. It's ugly, but it sounds really good. I'd swap the burstbucker for something hotter and the P90 for a more jazzy model, and probably swap out the killswitch for standard LP wiring, but that's all I'd do to it. I don't think you could do much with the top the way it is.
Yea, I dont think the yellow looks bad at all =

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=512579&index=5

after a knob change, that would be a really nice guitar imo. I REALLY liked the p-90, and the burstbucker 3 was a tiny bit weak, but I could DEFINITLY live with it, untill I would get a star paf.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd