hey..
i need some help with writing chord progressions. is there theory behind them?
i can never seem to get the chords i want to go together.
i want to write complex music, so i really need to learn the theory behind it all i think.

if anyone can help thanks
MD5K
IBANEZ
get a complete idiots guide to music theory or something, it helped me out a lot, but i knew nothing of music theory, so if you know some music theory it might not help you as much
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
is there like a chart or something i can get that shows all that sort of stuff?
isnt it like the circle of fifths or something?
MD5K
IBANEZ
Yes but the circle of fifths won't make much sense without theory behind it. You'll only be able to write power chords based on the scales.

Say you sang a D in a C scale. You could use a second chord, based on the D. Or a 9th chord based on the C. Or you could use a 7th chord based on the E (and so on and so forth, it's 3am correct me if I messed up at all) But you wouldn't know what notes to put in that would you? That's why you need to know your theory and not just follow the circle of fifths.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
yea i dont even know wat u are talking about there lol..
i know no theory basically..

which really sucks
MD5K
IBANEZ
Anyway man, go to my profile send me a message and i'll help you, it's only 12.15am and I don't have to be up for another 8 and a quarter hours, an insomniac like me can put a good, 4 or 5 hours work in before then.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I think there is a lesson called music theory in the begginers area for lessons its somewhere anyway