My new tele has slotted tuners...First time dealing with them..How do i wrap the string correctly??
Damien Rice === Legend
Quote by guitarguy182
My new tele has slotted tuners...First time dealing with them..How do i wrap the string correctly??

Measure it from tuner posts E -> D, A -> G etc etc cut the string slot the end down and bend then just wind normally, im presuming u mean like vintage tuners?

On the high E give it about 2 inch to be on safe side.. with my strat i just roughly guess on the legth past the headstock
Last edited by johntb at May 2, 2008,
wrap it once over the piece sticking out, then finish winding under the part sticking out.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by icon_player_5
wrap it once over the piece sticking out, then finish winding under the part sticking out.

They dont have pieces that stick out ?
Ya vintage tuners...

I duno..It seems a bit less secure than through a hole or somethin
Damien Rice === Legend
I'm assuming they have a hole in the center of the post?

What I would do is pull the string [taught] past its post and clip it about 1.25" past center. Slip it into the hole, bend it down, then tighten as you normally would.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
So i stick into the hole...I have a huge amount of slack..What do i do next?(thanks for help)
Damien Rice === Legend
Re-read

Before you slot it in the hole, pull the string taught past the center of the post. Measure about 1-1.25" past the post and clip the string off.

The left over slack should give you enough post windings for stability.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Ya sorry i cut the excess string aswell from a post i read before lol...It doesnt wrap around the peg when i twist it though?
Damien Rice === Legend
Last edited by guitarguy182 at May 2, 2008,
You have to bend the string through the slot and possibly hold it down for the first wrap.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
mine are the same, wrap it round a couple of times first as tight as you can, then put the end down the hole and continue winding the rest of the string round, eventually you will just be able to tune it into place.

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite