Ok I have been trying to incorporate my pinky into my playing and using the one fret per finger rule. This goes pretty easily for me until I have to start sliding my hand down to frets 5-8, etc. Then I seem to get mixed up and am not sure which finger should be playing which fret. Is there a certain technique to this? or when you are playing songs does it really just depend on the song? I hope I explained this well enough for you to know what I mean.
Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocastor
Vox Valvetronic AD15VT Amp
Just use whatever finger feels the most comfortable, but when in first and second position area use one finger per fret most of the time
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
just keep practicing the technique it does seem wierd to do first but youll get used to do it.. it sounds like crappy advice but it works
yup its a sig... yeaaah..
Well im still fairly new to guitar, you got 4 fingers right? When you get to the 5th Fret use your 1st finger, 6th fret 2nd finger and so on, thats if you want to build a good techinque. However you DON'T have to follow this I just feel it helps MY playing. Give it a shot.

If it fails go with whats the most comfortable. But where your a beginner its best to get into good habits before you get more advanced. Hope this helped.

Tomo
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by Tomo J O
Well im still fairly new to guitar, you got 4 fingers right? When you get to the 5th Fret use your 1st finger, 6th fret 2nd finger and so on, thats if you want to build a good techinque. However you DON'T have to follow this I just feel it helps MY playing. Give it a shot.

If it fails go with whats the most comfortable. But where your a beginner its best to get into good habits before you get more advanced. Hope this helped.

Tomo

FUKKA YEEA