Hey guys I jsut bought a Fender Superchamp xd and its awesome sounding highly recommended.. However! I tried the amp in store straight out of the box, the person who packed it forgot the bloody power adaptor! I live a fair 2 hour drive from the store so I'm not planning on going back there so I will ask to have it mailed to me. WHY?

Anyway what I wanted to ask the amp says 240volts on the back and the power adapter on my computer is also 240volts. If I plug it in with that adapter will it work fine? Or are there other risks I'm not seeing. I am poor with electronics.

Brian.
Last edited by macfries at May 2, 2008,
It might. I'd advise looking into it alot further though, I've done it once, but I was young and stupid. It still worked however
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
It's the output you have to worry about.

An adaptor transforms 110-165V 60Hz alternative current (if you live in the States - 220-240V 50Hz in Europe) into direct current. If the circuitry in the guitar is very sensitive, a few volts and/or milliampere off could deepfry it (= not good).

You can look it up in the guitar user manual, and it must be written on the back of your spare adaptor.

Also the jacks must correspond.
Last edited by Withakay at May 2, 2008,