Ok, well I have just gotten a new guitar, ESP Horizon FR-II, a big step up from my previous Squier Strat. I use a Fender Frontman 15G (came with the Squier) with a Boss ME-50 effects board. I have been playing for about 4 years, mostly metal music, I occasionally do some gigs with my friends, and I play everyday. Now that I have my new ESP, I don't want to mess up it's sound with my crappy amp, so I want to get a new one, but I'm not sure what to get. I don't want something really fancy (nothing more than $1000 US) just something good for jamming, and small gigs. Any suggestions on what amp to get?

Thanks
Thank you for spelling Squier correctly, first of all.

As for the question, I think a Marshall AVT150 wouldn't be a terrible bet. That's what I went with after playing guitar for about that long, and it was a fairly versatile amp for the price. If you could spend a little over a thousand, looking for a used Peavey 5150 half stack would be very suited to your guitar, and your musical style.

Don't get a Marshall MG series... They're dumb.
There are several things you can do here:

1. Look into Bugera amps, these have incredible tone for the price, and most updated recent purchases have had no problems. Some people are having issues with them, but Bugera has stated that they are user error issues.

2. A used Peavey 5150 combo would be awesome for your situation. Go-to metal tone for some pros, only thing is, I would buy a chorus pedal and a delay/reverb unit for the clean tones (if you will use clean)
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace

2. A used Peavey 5150 combo would be awesome for your situation. Go-to metal tone for some pros, only thing is, I would buy a chorus pedal and a delay/reverb unit for the clean tones (if you will use clean)

didn't know they made combos... okay, well, yeah, go with that.
Alright, I will check to see if there are any used 5150's that I can get my hands on. Thanks for the suggestions.
If you do the ebay thing (I can't say that I do), there are usually a lot of used 5150s on there. Heads, cabs, combos, all of that. I just checked and there are some really cheap combos. Check them out there.
Probably around 500 or 600
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.