Ok so I can get the guitars for the same price. Schecter hellraiser has got the floyd while I like the shape of the LTD more. But wat i really care is the sound and the size of the neck. since both of them have the emg's they'd sound similar. however the hellraiser can be coiled tapped. I really like the LTD's look so if it sounds good and has the same size neck as the schecter (as long as its not thick like a bc rich or gibson) i'll go with the ltd. by the way i play metal, but also hard rock, and i'm still learning (been playing for 4 yrs) so i want the most verstile out of the two. cheers guys
I just got the C-1 Hellraiser without the FR, and it's wonderful. Schecter makes amazing guitars for the price range... Even for way above their price range.

I don't really know anything about ESP as I haven't played any, but I figured I can give my two cents to promote any Schecter purchases.

Just play them both.
the esp will have a thinner neck than the schecter. neither are bad guitars for what you're wanting to play. try them out and see what you prefer
ESP will have thinner necks, but only marginely. I say go for Schecter, they are brilliant guitars for the price. ESP are overated if you ask me. They only suit the one bracket while Schecter have covered everything from Avenged Sevenfold, to the Cure to Nevermore!
Well this is what I can say. I own a LTD EC-500 and really love my baby. It plays so sweet and the neck feels great in my hands. It has tons of warm,rich sustain and has a nice tone from the wood. One of my good friends recently got a Hellraiser FR and its also a very sexy guitar. Ive played it a few times for a total of about 4 hours and its super light and plays good. I prefer to not have a FR so my opinion might be biased to that. I like my EC-500 better for some reason I think that the Hellraiser sounds sterile while my EC doesnt. I mean my EC isnt as full sounding as I'd like but sounds better tha the HR did on my amp by far. I would try to play both on your amp if possible.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
ESP will have thinner necks, but only marginely. I say go for Schecter, they are brilliant guitars for the price. ESP are overated if you ask me. They only suit the one bracket while Schecter have covered everything from Avenged Sevenfold, to the Cure to Nevermore!

http://www.espguitars.com/artists.html

Yeah, they totally only cover one bracket!
Quote by thefrigginbob
http://www.espguitars.com/artists.html

Yeah, they totally only cover one bracket!

Lmao! Truly truly truly funny. There artists who use ESP's, I was referring to people who have serious endorsment packages with the company, signature guitars, t shirt material, blah blah blah. My mate has an ESP...he plays in a pop band...that doesn't mean there diverse guitars. It just means he has one. Same with Schecter. I prefer Schecter because there cheaper and still have the same quality to them. So basically that was a personal statement.