I have to admit that a part of the reason my build was put on hold was because I was slightly intimidated by the thought of routing the inlay cavities into my board and messing something up... now that I started doing it i realized it's not all that bad to do... just gotta be real careful.

my question to you all:

I have a dremel tool with the dremel router attachment and already it's leaving much to be desired. Has anyone done a side by side comparison with the LMI, Stewmac and/or dremel router attachments? if so, what are your opinions of each? I may look into a more "precision" tool but i'm not sure if theyre worth the money.

the problem i'm seeing with the dremel is a slip/stick motion when the plunger is traveling down the shafts and the springs seem to have a lot more tension than i'd like to see (even after locking in place the dremel will creep upward a little bit) also, the tool tends to "rock" a little after locking the router in place (only one lock screw kinda sucks )

also, are there any mods i can do to this tool to make it more stable and reliable instead of dishing out 60 more bucks for the stewmac or 75 for the LMI?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology