I've got my first gig with my band at the end of the month, but all i've got is my ****ty 10 watt amp! I've been using my drummers Line 6 amps for practising but I really need to get my own. I've got a budget of about £200 (I know it's not much, but I'm only 16 and haven't got enough time to work with exams and ****) I've been thinking of getting a Line 6 spider III or a Fender Frontman 212R. Not too bothered about the tone tbh got my Pod to do that, just want something powerful and decent.
Cheers
get a tube amp, you'll have enough dough to go deaf. or borrow an amp from a buddy
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Absolutely don't get the line 6 spier III...It's not worth the money...atlease that is what the people say.
Frontman is a good amp...but it's still SS...I suggest you to get a little bit more money and go tube...but...that's just my opinion.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Wait, don't just buy an amp for this one gig.

I don't know the details of your gig, but call the venue, get the number of the other supports or headliners and ask if you can borrow an amp.

If not, rent one for the night from a local rehearsal venue.

Plus in theory, you could just go POD -> PA, just ensure you have a monitor.

Or just use the Line 6, despite it being awful.

In reality, you're best off saving that £200 for awhile till you have enough for a good tube amp. It'll make a world of difference. In the long run you're saving money, because you're bound to want to replace the SS amp you'd buy now.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Laney LC-15.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by Kozlic
Absolutely don't get the line 6 spier III...It's not worth the money...atlease that is what the people say.
Frontman is a good amp...but it's still SS...I suggest you to get a little bit more money and go tube...but...that's just my opinion.

I hope you're joking, the Frontman is just plain terrible, I can stomach a Line 6 Spider