See the thing is.. when I'm really getting into my playing I tend to dig into the strings alot. And lately I've been noticing that I sometimes hit the neck pickup with my pick. It gets in the way. I don't use it too much when I play distorted... sure it sounds a bit better when doing lead stuff.. and when palying clean it sounds great when combined with the bridge pup.

But when I dig I hit it... it's annoying... not sure where I'm going with this but whatever

/small rant
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
so your point exactly is?

*reported*
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
reported for what?
I don't get it......

I'm thinking of takin' out the neck pup.. but I like it clean sounds.... but I'm torn
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by J rock
reported for what?
I don't get it......

I'm thinking of takin' out the neck pup.. but I like it clean sounds.... but I'm torn

you didnt ask a single question mate but anyway suck it up pussy
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
you dont need to attack it with the pick so aggressively man, back off on how far you stick the pick in there and it will be fine. i just lightly touch the strings with the pick and i still play hard/fast.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by SquierLolz
you didnt ask a single question mate but anyway suck it up pussy

'Thread' does not equal 'question'. He's just venting.
Quote by J rock
reported for what?
I don't get it......

Alot of people around here like to say "reported" because...well, I don't know why? Maybe they just like to look like huge dicks
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by Pikka Bird
'Thread' does not equal 'question'. He's just venting.

but anyway if you want to say that go to the pit
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Opethfan1
you dont need to attack it with the pick so aggressively man, back off on how far you stick the pick in there and it will be fine. i just lightly touch the strings with the pick and i still play hard/fast.

thats the thing though.. there isn't a whole lot of pick hitting the strings, I like to keep it near my thumb so I don't need to adjust it when I want to do a pinch. Maybe my action is a touch low.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by TempoTantrum
Alot of people around here like to say "reported" because...well, I don't know why? Maybe they just like to look like huge dicks

oh hai fellow Ontario'n!

theres been quite a few of them I've seen in my short time here.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Lower the pickup, problem solved. Your cleans will get cleaner, and it will be out of your way.

If you've already dropped it, and you're STILL hitting it, yes, you are in fact doing it wrong.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by J rock
oh hai fellow Ontario'n!

theres been quite a few of them I've seen in my short time here.

sorry i just tought its more pit material but hey didnt want to insult anyone :P
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Do you hit the edge of the pick-up? If so, try putting tape over the ends onto the housing and it means you can't catch on it.
Quote by SquierLolz
sorry i just tought its more pit material but hey didnt want to insult anyone :P

Sure, it's a little pointless, but UG is for discussion of all things guitar, and this guy has a problem with his neck pickup that he wants to share. It is possible he could have found some like-minded people here and start a tribe and go live on an island somewhere.
Quote by jm1681
Lower the pickup, problem solved. Your cleans will get cleaner, and it will be out of your way.

If you've already dropped it, and you're STILL hitting it, yes, you are in fact doing it wrong.

Its still at the factory height. I'll try your idea.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by Horlicks
Do you hit the edge of the pick-up? If so, try putting tape over the ends onto the housing and it means you can't catch on it.

I think I may have seen something like that on one of Dime's guitars....
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by J rock
I think I may have seen something like that on one of Dime's guitars....

That's correct, he did that because when he divebombed it would clip on his pick-ups
Quote by Horlicks
That's correct, he did that because when he divebombed it would clip on his pick-ups

makes sence
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by 1010011010
Lower the pickup or fix your technique.

I'm going to lower the pup.
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Pick into the middle of the two pickups, like a normal person. Stop picking where the neck pick-up is, and you won't hit it. Did you really need to ask how to not hit the neck pick up?
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
Pick into the middle of the two pickups, like a normal person. Stop picking where the neck pick-up is, and you won't hit it. Did you really need to ask how to not hit the neck pick up?

I didn't ask how 'not to hit the neck pup'
I was just having a quick vent.
And when I palm mute the natural spot for my hand to hit the low E string is where the neck pup starts. If I'm just strumming theres no problem
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
Quote by SquierLolz

biggest backpedal ever lol
Quote by TempoTantrum

yeah most people who report are idiots.

*reported*

LOL
Yeah I would have to agree with most on the issue of technique. Cause I have a simular issue but instead of the neck pickup it the middle pickup height screw on the low E side. It happens to be a large screw, larger than the screws of the bridge and neck pickups. I figure it must be me cause nothing can be done about the screw in my case it apparently apart of the design in the RG2550.
Guitars: Ibanez RG2550, RG920QM, SZ520QM
Amp: Marshall Haze 15, Eminence Man-O-War Speaker
Effects: Digitech RP250, DIY Keeley Mod DS-1, Jemini
Quote by Horlicks
Do you think you could post a photo of your pickups?

ya for sure, Im at my girls place right now but when I get home I'll put one up. likely wont be till tomorrow though
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .