On the bridge on the saddles there are small allen key things use those (srry im dutch don t know how to explain will search for a pic

Edit :

Circled in red turn those with the little allen key that came with your guitar
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at May 2, 2008,
Quote by SquierLolz
allen wrench that came with your guitar

allen key... wrenches is a whole different storey xD
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah

sorry xD edited it xD
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I can never lower the saddles with an allen wrench, even the ones that come with the guitars to change the height. So I loosen my string enough to get in there lift the saddles and turn the screw to the height I want. Then tune up and see If it's the hight desired. If thats not enough go a guitar shop and see if they can throw in a shim. Fenders tend to have natural high action.
Quote by Chica
I can never lower the saddles with an allen wrench, even the ones that come with the guitars to change the height. So I loosen my string enough to get in there lift the saddles and turn the screw to the height I want. Then tune up and see If it's the hight desired. If thats not enough go a guitar shop and see if they can throw in a shim. Fenders tend to have natural high action.

wierd my strat's action is really low and any fender i played had low action :S
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
wierd my strat's action is really low and any fender i played had low action :S

Factory? And obviously you've never played a pro set up guitar.
Quote by lexaah

called allen wrench or allen key.

and TS adjust the pegs in the saddles like said.

i like strats, because individual saddle adjustments, help me to get low action.^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Chica
Factory? And obviously you've never played a pro set up guitar.

well actually i discovered that the guitars in the shop are set up and my squier is set up by a proffesional luthier so
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
anything else you want to know?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Thank you Squire for all the help!..I have managed it to lower it just a bit wtihout gettin fret buzz but i might have to got to a pro for a perfect set up with truss rod etc..

I only got the guitar yesterday..I post picks in the Guitar gear pics thread in a sec
Damien Rice === Legend
Quote by guitarguy182
Thank you Squire for all the help!..I have managed it to lower it just a bit wtihout gettin fret buzz but i might have to got to a pro for a perfect set up with truss rod etc..

I only got the guitar yesterday..I post picks in the Guitar gear pics thread in a sec

no thanks

And why not my strat has the same bridge except i have a trem
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at May 2, 2008,
Is there any way to just lower the whole six strings at one time like i can wit my epi sg? this method makes only minimal difference without fret buzz
Damien Rice === Legend
well no. if you raise the saddles and still get fret buzz, then, your neck might need adjusting.

depends on where the buzz is, what frets and strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Is there any easy way to check the right/decent height the sstrings shoul be from frets?
Damien Rice === Legend
you can check the neck relief,

fret the Low E first fret, at the same time,
fret the low E last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th.

if the string lays on the fretwire there, then you dont have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the fretwire there, then you probably have too much bend,

measuer and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well where's the buzzing? which strings and frets?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

No theres no buzzing now because i compensated that with a higher action...But the actiion now feels quite high compared to my Epiphone SG
Damien Rice === Legend
you can give the truss rod a counter clockwise turn 1/4" to increase relief help you clear the frets and hopefully allow you to lower the saddles a little.

dont force the turn, after you adjust make sure to leave the guitar in tune to settle for the night, and remember that 1/4" is a very small amount.

remeasure in the morning.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62