honestly isn't worth paying more for the ec-1000. It does look better with the abalone and it has better tuners. But how about playability, sound , craftmanship, better quality wood etc?
the 500 series is very good
ESP ltd Viper 500s
Ibanez - RG 321 (EMG 81 / 85)
Ibanez K5 (original model)
Ibanez AEL acoustic

. . . . .. . . .
some guy on ebay has a wine red ESP EC-500 w/ 60/81 EMGs, with the pearl inlays and everything for like $600 buy it now
The quality control, attention to detail, and wood quality will be better. That's basically what you're paying for.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Everything about the 1000 is better than the 500. Not to say the 500 is a bad guitar, but the 1000 is a whole new ball game. Better quality, craftsmen ship, pickups, neck feels better.

You get what you pay for when it comes to ESP.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
That the thing I found that accounts for a lot of the price difference between guitars: Craftsmanship and quality parts. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to guitars, but, and this is a huge but, when you have a guitar actually in your hands it becomes subjective, "oh this "feels" better", "oh this "feels" like crap", etc etc...that price doesnt' always mean that to you it's going to be worth it. I have both an Eclips II and an EC-1000, both different, neither is really "better" than the other, just different. Oh, and I do want an EC-400 in Tobacco Sunburst...the EC line is the bomb G. (ref: Gwar).
Quote by DeanESPJackson
That the thing I found that accounts for a lot of the price difference between guitars: Craftsmanship and quality parts. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to guitars, but, and this is a huge but, when you have a guitar actually in your hands it becomes subjective, "oh this "feels" better", "oh this "feels" like crap", etc etc...that price doesnt' always mean that to you it's going to be worth it. I have both an Eclips II and an EC-1000, both different, neither is really "better" than the other, just different. Oh, and I do want an EC-400 in Tobacco Sunburst...the EC line is the bomb G. (ref: Gwar).

Totally. Like I for one prefer the Wizard II necks over every neck including the more expensive wizard I neck.