I a looking to buy a new guitar. I want the guitar to have a whammy bar but i don't want Floyd Roses or anything like that. i want to try to spend less than $450!

I was thinking an Ibanez or a Schecter.

Right now i have an Epiphone Les Paul standard, a vox ad50 wat amp, and an assortment distortion and effects pedals.
Last edited by bpas41 at May 2, 2008,
Ibanez more than usually carry floyd roses on most cheaper models. schecter im not sure about
If you're expecting to get a non-locking trem and still be able to divebomb and such while retaining even minimal tuning stability, good luck. It's not gonna happen, at least not with anything in that price range. If you just want a trem for light flutters and minimal use, then I would say go with an Ibanez SA260FMAMB.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
If you're expecting to get a non-locking trem and still be able to divebomb and such while retaining even minimal tuning stability, good luck. It's not gonna happen, at least not with anything in that price range. If you just want a trem for light flutters and minimal use, then I would say go with an Ibanez SA260FMAMB.

how easy is it to use floyd roses because i talked to some 1 at a local guitar shop about them and he said to stay away from them!
Quote by bpas41
how easy is it to use floyd roses because i talked to some 1 at a local guitar shop about them and he said to stay away from them!

He's just a lazy noob. They take some getting used to, but once you do it's worth it if you use it enough. Just make sure you look up some guides online before diving headfirst, and make sure you get it set up properly. And if you change tunings a lot, then I would pick the tuning you use most and keep the Floyd-eqquiped guitar in that tuning, and use your Epi for alternate tunings.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Don't forget the DXMGT or a used DKMG or DK2T by Jackson. You're at the point where you can buy used and get something Made in Japan, which I would HIGHLY suggest doing. Look around at some local shops and places that sell used. You may find something out in left field you dig.
Quote by mafropetee
He's just a lazy noob. They take some getting used to, but once you do it's worth it if you use it enough. Just make sure you look up some guides online before diving headfirst, and make sure you get it set up properly. And if you change tunings a lot, then I would pick the tuning you use most and keep the Floyd-eqquiped guitar in that tuning, and use your Epi for alternate tunings.

+1

basically, you either want a Floyd-type or you want a hardtail...there's no inbetween given what you want to play.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Engel22
Ibanez more than usually carry floyd roses on most cheaper models. schecter im not sure about

Shechter are pretty solid and decent value - If you don't go near their Super-Strats and signiature models, you can get some solid stuff with no whammys in sight. Try the Tempest range, those are a little bit interesting.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United