This is the first time I've ever posted anything with vocals, I just started singing so I know I'm not very good. But I'm really looking for opinion on how the vocals sound and how to improve? An just let me know what you think of the song as a whole. I added a few of my own touches Crit for Crit.

The songs in my Profile and was originally done by Social Distortion incase your wondering.....
Nice Job, I don;t know the song, so I can't really give you the best crit in the world but I liked it. All the words were audible, I'm not much of a singer myself, but I thought they did the job! All the words were comprehensible and sure it wasn't anything amazing vocally but you told the story.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i like it, im surprised thats your first posting with singing, you should definitely sing more you have a good voice. im not really familiar with the original song so i dont know how its supposed to sound but i like what i heard. the only thing i could say to improve on is to project your voice more and sing louder
i thought it was good, since i understand that you have limted recording abilities(?) i understand the quality ain't the best, but thats not the important thing either!
I like the guitar and the vocals are okay aswell. I have not heard the original before but by your cover it feels like a hit song!
i already did crit this song its like two comments up, just thought id let you know since i said c4c. but once again its great and you should keep singing
Haha wow my bad I must have got you mixed with someone else because I crited a bunch of songs and then posted my own. So I went back to a few of those threads and asked for crit back, sorry.
Thanks for the crit on mine,

The guitar is really well played, solid and consistant throughout. Maybe try mix up the strumming patern for a little variation? Solo was simple and well played.

Your singing isn't fantastic in terms of tone, you have quite a thin voice but it's not bad pitch wise so you could be doing much worse, once you grow more confident then that'll all improve.

Thanks again!
Too much gain = Ears in pain
Quote by Nic Play Guitar
Thanks for the crit on mine,

The guitar is really well played, solid and consistant throughout. Maybe try mix up the strumming patern for a little variation? Solo was simple and well played.

Your singing isn't fantastic in terms of tone, you have quite a thin voice but it's not bad pitch wise so you could be doing much worse, once you grow more confident then that'll all improve.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the crit other than confidence do you have more advice on how to improve the tone of my voice I'm up for anything?
I've never heard the original song, but I liked it. Your voice is a little thin, but it sounded really good for your first song with vocals, and it fit well into the song. all in all, great job!
pretty good singing voice. Though with practice it could become a great voice.
It was a little repative though, until the end with the acoustic solo which was great. You could of changed the strumming around so it wasn't the same thing over and over.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850892
I think the base vocals need to be a bit louder. But we're really nitpicking at that point; it's still quite audible.

I am similarly not familiar with the original song too much, but the solo's nice, and there weren't mistakes I heard or anything like that. Overall, solid.

I'd appreciate it if you'd check out mine:
Sunshine of Your Love cover
Your vocals are good. I'm surprised you just started singing you sound like you've been singing for a while. Keep singing, you'll only get better. Not really any mistakes in the vocal OR guitar department there, so you're fine there. I guess the only tip I have is to not sing in your head voice so much, but try singing from your chest voice. Breath into your diaphragm, and sing from there.

"There are two different registers of the voice, the head voice and the chest voice. In popular music, singer rarely produce sound for the head voice since it is harder to sound like you are speaking in your head voice. Popular singers do not like to venture much from the speaking voice. The chest voice actually feels like it is coming from the chest. You can feel the registers change if you sing up a scale from your lowest note to your highest note. Your head voice is what you will be using primarily in classical singing. Even though there may be breaks between your registers, you can train and practice to eliminate those breaks. An advanced singer can continually move from chest to head voice and back again without any vocal disturbance."
- http://www.wikihow.com/Sing

For more info on the chest voice singing just google around, you'll find something.

Good cover man, crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=853350

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Yeah dude sounded great. This sounds like the original, even the backing O's. Keep the singing up, it will come with time (Alot of it!) trust me. You keep in pitch, and thats whats most important here. Keep it up!

Crit anything of mine? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOBVyfpVVg