Hey guys, I've recently gotten into listening to a lot of metal and was wondering what radio stations there are that I could listen to that play metal. At the moment I listen to Planet Rock and that plays the occasional Maiden song, but I want to broaden my horizons a little. The stations need to be in the UK, they can be both FM and DAB. Thanks for your help guys
where do you live? i live in Texas so I couldnt help you if you live in marry ole england. sorry dude. If anyone livin in Houston has any good metal stations send em my way
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Unfortunately there aren't any national ones. there may be some local ones but kerrang!'s propbably the closest you'll get and that's utter sh!te in comparison to planet rock
a lot of radio or podcast online, probably your best bet, or u could just DL the P'casts and put them on ur IPod/ MP3 player wutever...
personally, i just listen to my mp3 player. I said fuck off to the radio ALONG time ago. All they play is 10 minutes of classic rock then 10 minutes of commercials, and in the morning all they do is talk about stupid random shit that i could give a fuck less about. I plug my Ipod into the tape jack and blast whatever I feel like listening to out of the 2000 songs i have on there.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
personally, i just listen to my mp3 player. I said fuck off to the radio ALONG time ago. All they play is 10 minutes of classic rock then 10 minutes of commercials, and in the morning all they do is talk about stupid random shit that i could give a fuck less about. I plug my Ipod into the tape jack and blast whatever I feel like listening to out of the 2000 songs i have on there.
Living up to your name I see.

I would also like to find some decent radio stations, online or not.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
well on actual radio i have found zilch
but on the internet i find totalrock can play some great metal on it. Well at least the couple o days i listened to it
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at May 2, 2008,
slacker.com, since you can access that from anywhere and you;;l have a better chance at finding decent metal that in random radio stations
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Well if you don't mind internet radio, iTunes does have some pretty decent metal stations.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM