ok UG kid asked me to join his band and can my Marshall AVT20 keep volume with a drummer,or should i invest in a new amp?
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
well im going to today im just dont wannt to bring aamp and be like "oh....
but its pretty good in loundness for a smaller amp lol.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Only way to tell: Play with them. Personally, i'd say the smallest amp you should play with a drummer is about 30w solid state.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
no way in hell that little hybrid is getting over a drummer. I recomend at least 30 watts of tube power. The AVT 20 may be 20 watts but that is ss power as the only tube in the amp is on the preamp, not the power amp, it's different. Tube power roughly equals 2 x solid state power. So a 50 watt tube amp, is pumping out as much juice as a 100 watt ss. And once again that is rough it's not exactly 2 x nor is it consistant on all values but it's always more.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
^agreed. a good 20w tube amp (40w solid state, more than enough power) is the peavey windsor, but it doesn't have much in the way of cleans.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.