im attempting to replace a wizardII neck with a higher quality ibanez neck, what kind of modifications would i have to make to put an Ibanez prestige neck, or something of equal quality, on a 350DX (i believe). Or are there any other quality AANJ ibanez neck suggestions you could give me?

-thanks

EDIT: specs on that neck are 25.5'' scale, 24 frets, all access neck joint, routed for a floyd..that's bout all i know
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 2, 2008,
Definately make sure the neck will fit the guitar. Otherwise, unless you need a locking nut on it, it should be no problem, unless its a set neck.
no, it's a AANJ bolt on body. But i thought prestige necks were 1mm thicker that Wizard II, which would require some sanding if i were to replace it. I just don't know if this is true or not
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
anyone?
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
bump
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
no, it's a AANJ bolt on body. But i thought prestige necks were 1mm thicker that Wizard II, which would require some sanding if i were to replace it. I just don't know if this is true or not

The Wizard Prestige is actually 1mm thinner than a Wizard II. I don't think it makes a difference however, as I'm pretty sure the part of the neck where it joins the body is the same thickness on the different Wizards.

Also the WII is not a bad neck (it is on the PGM301 after all), it's just thicker than a WP or Orig. Wizard.
if you get a new neck is there anything wrong with your old one because i need a guitar neck for a project that is still in planing
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by which ones pink
The Wizard Prestige is actually 1mm thinner than a Wizard II. I don't think it makes a difference however, as I'm pretty sure the part of the neck where it joins the body is the same thickness on the different Wizards.

Also the WII is not a bad neck (it is on the PGM301 after all), it's just thicker than a WP or Orig. Wizard.

The PGM301 uses a Prestige neck, but it's around Wizard II thickness, if not slightly thicker.

24-fret PGM301 Prestige neck is 2mm thicker than our superthin Wizard necks.
Quote by Dan shreds
if you get a new neck is there anything wrong with your old one because i need a guitar neck for a project that is still in planing

yes, the fretboard is coming off. it's an easy glue job, but i don't like the sawtooth inlays tbh and would prefer to scrap the neck. if you want it keep in touch with me.

thank you to the replies i received, you've helped alot
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
just make sure the scale is the same besides that it will just need to be set up
Quote by selkies
just make sure the scale is the same besides that it will just need to be set up

yes i am taking that into consideration
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Try for an Original Wizard, they are amazing.
I think the prestige wizards will work for what you're after. Tbh it's the pups, trem and body wood that want changing on that guitar tho...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Try for an Original Wizard, they are amazing.
I think the prestige wizards will work for what you're after. Tbh it's the pups, trem and body wood that want changing on that guitar tho...

i've been looking at the original wizard i believe (if thats what's in the rg 550). but right now im replacing the neck because it's somewhat damaged. But im perfectly happy with my emg 85/81 set, and the edge III is fully blocked so i have no use for an upgrade there.

thanks for the suggestion
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Oh right, looks like you've done all the right things
But yeah I'm sure a prestige will be fine, but I love the original wizards, they're so kinda...different...dunno why :p
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join