Inspired by the How to answer a prank call thread…..

When I was in college here in the states, I went to see a Gwar concert with a few friends, and “friends of friends”. Little did I know that there was an ongoing prank contest going on between some of the “friends of friends”.

While at the concert I noticed that a lot of people were walking around with fliers and posters. I took a look at a few of them and they said…. “Free Monkeys to good owners”. They looked very very professional and stated that Johns Hopkins University was interested in finding homes for animals used in their medical labs, specifically monkeys. They provided a hotline number and stated only serious inquires to call. The fliers and posters even somehow made it to Gwar before the end of the show, because they even commented on it during a break in between songs.

Long story short the fliers were made and passed out by one of the guys I had went to the show with. The hotline number was to one of the guys who he went to college with and was having this on going prank session. Turns out the line was the outside line to the guys dorm room. They had a voicemail service at the school and it ended up crashing the whole schools voice mail service because he was getting some many messages about the monkeys. Even PETA called. We are talking hundreds and hundreds of messages and even some willing to make donations. In the end the school had to get a different message system and with that had to change…not just his number, but all the numbers to all of the dorms. God knows how much this ended up costing in the long run.
I thought all of this was a pretty clever prank. I saved one of the fliers somewhere to keep in my back pocket for anyone whoever tries to pull some crap on me. I will be off to Kinkos to make a couple hundred fliers for 10 bucks and post them city wide.
Schecter Black Cherry HELLRAISER!

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”
Last edited by Agent5556 at May 2, 2008,
THAT IS AWSOME!!! That goes up there with some of the best pranks I have ever heard of!!! Thank you! Thank you!! My day is awsome because you posted that! You're getting a friend request for that!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I agree the prank does go a little far....

Pranks should never physically hurt someone or cost innocent parties money... as it did in this prank. But who knew????

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”
Pics of the flier?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
You know after posting this I am going to make a point to find it. Its been about 8 years now since I last saw it. Its only in hard copy so I am going to need to find a scanner or something as well. Don't expect it anytime soon. Sorry

Last edited by Agent5556 at May 2, 2008,
That prank went too far... John Hopkins is a goddamn awesome Medical School. Hell.. House went there. You'll be lucky to get in...

Damn im feeling depressed today.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

My wife went there.... not medical but grad school. Its is a good school.