so I'm moving in with 2 of my friends later this month, we are going to share a house, and we were looking into the possibility of a 4th roommate to cut rent and utilities down and such.

Well it was said to one of my friends that our city (pittsburgh PA) has a housing law that states "4 or more unrelated people are not allowed to live together" could this law actually exist?? it seems really stupid. If so where could I find info about this? I've looked alot of places but i have been unsuccessful...

Thanks in advance for the replies
i play drums and guitar :
idk, that sounds pretty dumb
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Doubt it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
what about people in college?
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
its more than likely not enforced. In VA, a male and a female can't live together unless they're married, but that doesn't seem to hold any sway around here...
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
there might be something like that still on the books from way back when, but I doubt it would be enforced.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Thats a pretty weird law, can you not just pretend you're related with them all?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by The2abraxis
what about people in college?

thats our situation lol
It's probably one of those archaic laws that people don't really recognize anymore. I'd check, just to make sure, but I doubt it's any real problem.
Spiral Out
just go to you town hall or city hall, whichever, and ask them they would know most likely
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
ive heard of laws like that...

I think those kinds of laws were often that a number of unrelated women could not live together, and the purpose was to prevent brothels
oh yeah, now they are bringing these back in order to crack down on illegal immigrants, I totally forgot about that.

Last.fm
lol what a stupid rule...

How do you manage with university halls? :S
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by bluehawk15620
could this law actually exist??
Yes, it could. Far more insipid laws than what you've described exist.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I really doubt anyone will arrest you for it... hell, I doubt any authorities would find out int eh first place...
Quote by meh!
lol what a stupid rule...

How do you manage with university halls? :S

different rules apply for those, since they have individual units for like 2 students each.

Last.fm
Quote by bluehawk15620
so I'm moving in with 2 of my friends later this month, we are going to share a house, and we were looking into the possibility of a 4th roommate to cut rent and utilities down and such.

Well it was said to one of my friends that our city (pittsburgh PA) has a housing law that states "4 or more unrelated people are not allowed to live together" could this law actually exist?? it seems really stupid. If so where could I find info about this? I've looked alot of places but i have been unsuccessful...

Thanks in advance for the replies

Surely there's a way to check through the cities main web site, or even try asking local lawmakers. I know that representatives and their offices could be quite useful but going as far as a lawyer might start running unneeded expenses.
Quote by michal23
I really doubt anyone will arrest you for it... hell, I doubt any authorities would find out int eh first place...
Quote by Jackal58
Seems to be fairly common and quite often enforced.
http://www.collegetownlife.com/college/CT_Less_Than_3.htm

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by HanPlaysBass
Surely there's a way to check through the cities main web site, or even try asking local lawmakers. I know that representatives and their offices could be quite useful but going as far as a lawyer might start running unneeded expenses.

I take it u didn't notice the 2nd to the last sentence in my first post??? i tried to look it up, if i would have found it, i wouldn't have posted
Quote by bluehawk15620
I take it u didn't notice the 2nd to the last sentence in my first post??? i tried to look it up, if i would have found it, i wouldn't have posted

Google City of Pittsburgh zoning code. It's there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Google City of Pittsburgh zoning code. It's there.

didn't think about zoning codes... good idea
That's what it is a Zoning ordinance.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
the chances are you're related to one of them anyway, but only very slightly, like you have a great x 1234 grand parent in common. so that law would be stupid
hello
sounds like Pennsylvania. This state sucks. Move away. That's my recommendation.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
This is one of those abolished laws from the 1700's or something
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
In Texas, if two unrelated people of the opposite sex live together they are automatically considered married. No license required.

Ask people starting from the bottom and work your way up:
Police Officer
Sherrif
Mayor
Representative
Senator
Governor
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3