I'm having a little trouble finding the right amp for me and i was wondering what is the best tube amp i can get within the price range of $600 - $800??
depends what you play, but you'd have a hard time beating a traynor ycv 40 or 50 (new).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Carvin Legacy
I think carvin has a few more in that range. Check out www.carvin.com, they sell direct to cut out the middle man and keep prices low. The Legacy was designed by Master Vai himself but they have many really good amps!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
a Traynor would be good. AC15cc2s are about $530 i think, but you probably want more wattage. Epi Blues Customs are good, they have a tube rectiifier, and can do alot more than blues.

EDIT: Looking at the Carvins, the only ones in that price range are the Vintage series. THe Nomad combo seems great for the price. Its light, and it has 9 total tubes, much more than alot of amps like it.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at May 2, 2008,
+1 on the carvin suggestions. if you play heavier stuff look around for a used V3
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
my B-52 AT 112 is pretty sweet. its great but its slightly, and i mean, SLIGHTLY lacking enough to get a great metal tone, and its only 550$. 60 watts, all tube
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Yeah, all of these are good amps, but it really does depend on what style you play.
Gear:
70s Gibson ES-335
Fender MIM Strat
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Mesa Express 5:50
Fender NOS Blues Junior
Line 6 PodXT Live
try a fender deville or a fender twin. both are fantastic amps with amazing tone and are cheap for such amazing quality.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
moved
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure