I'm not sure why I understand why my thread was closed. I read the rules, and I didn't see anything wrong with the thread.

The thread in question is: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851084

Some guy wrote:

Hey man, this is the wrong forum, you'd be better taking this to promote your band I think.

Either that or you'll have to post the lyrics here, not link to a site. No advertising on here dude.

1) I have no band to promote. I haven't had a paid gig since 1996 and have none lined up in the future.

2) I'm hardly "advertising" my website, as the page I linked to was literally just a song list with all my lyrics. Being that I had a bunch all in one place, it seemed better to just post one thread with a single link than to post a whole bunch of threads, that even over time, would amount more to spam than any single thread (IMHO).

Again, the only link of rules I found was here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=7 And I didn't see anything against posting a link to a page with song lyrics. They're all my songs and lyrics and the website is just my personal site, the same site I post pics of my family on (i.e. not a commercial site).

So can someone please show me in the rules where specifically I messed up? Because I'm clueless on this one.
    maybe the link you posted was against a rule?
    Epiphone G-400
    Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
    Rocktron Banshee
    Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
    "Posting Limits.
    This is restricted to one piece per day; two per 6 days. It is calculated on a personal basis, not sun-sat, so it is 2 per every 6 days. This is mainly for your benefit. Having too many pieces up means you get less feedback on each piece, so by following this rule you maximise the chance of getting more replies. Any extra threads will be closed, and you’ll have to wait 5 days before you may post again, Posting within those 6 days will result in a warning. Also do not post more than one piece in a single thread and class it as your two in the allowed 6 days, it is 1 per day"

Pieces, not links.
    UG wants to restrict itself to music(excepting The Pit) and some here may think posting links is offending as advertising.Don't know, maybe put each song, one by one here if you think that's tight but i'd wait a day after each one posted.
    You gotta understand them, theyre trying to make our life(on UG) easier.Sincerely, I understand you CHeers
    Quote by lordofthefood1
    "Posting Limits.
    This is restricted to one piece per day; two per 6 days. It is calculated on a personal basis, not sun-sat, so it is 2 per every 6 days. This is mainly for your benefit. Having too many pieces up means you get less feedback on each piece, so by following this rule you maximise the chance of getting more replies. Any extra threads will be closed, and you’ll have to wait 5 days before you may post again, Posting within those 6 days will result in a warning. Also do not post more than one piece in a single thread and class it as your two in the allowed 6 days, it is 1 per day"

Pieces, not links.

Right, pieces, not links. I was below the "one piece per day" limit. I've posted zero. There's nothing that said you couldn't post a link (that I can see) to lyrics off-site.
      Pm a mod.

Read the rules to the forum man.

Eveyrone else who knows thes threads don't belong - report them.

*Reported. As said, read rules and FAQ of forums. Mods aren't wrong in closing threads - they did so for a reason.
      This forum is not for discussion. You clearly didn't read the rules or even bothered to look around in the forum and see what people actually post around here.

Your title was incorrect, your content of post was incorrect and your linking to a site that has merchandise for sale is clearly against the rules.

Go over the rules again, look around the forum. It's not that complicated.
      This is not a pipe