What cab should I buy? Any suggestions? I'm totally clueless, but I was thinking Marshall 1960

Plan on playing progressive (death) metal mostly, and some deathcore/metalcore.
i say avatar with greenbacks. 2x12 or 4x12 is your choice. but you really cant beat a avatar cab deal. unless you build your own.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Vader cab, hands down. They cost a bit less, and they're stronger, louder, sound just as good, and you can probably hit them with your car without scratching them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by LaidBack
i say avatar with greenbacks. 2x12 or 4x12 is your choice. but you really cant beat a avatar cab deal. unless you build your own.

greenbacks for death metal?

vintage 30s would work alot better
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by shaakaal
greenbacks for death metal?

vintage 30s would work alot better

DOH!!! i meant V30s....

oh man is my face red yea i meant V30s....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Seiken
What cab should I buy? Any suggestions? I'm totally clueless, but I was thinking Marshall 1960

Plan on playing progressive (death) metal mostly, and some deathcore/metalcore.

hey bro, got the same thing myself 3 1/2 months ago. The Avenger is sweet huh?
I have a Marshall 1960 and it sounds pretty good, not as good as the soldano cab I played with at the store though. Lift it about 3 feet off the ground so that the sound is near ear level and you'll be satisfied. I keep hearing a lot about Vader cabs and I may get one in the future so I can have a full stack But for now I'll stick with my Marshall till the money is there.
Wow some of my favorite bands in the artists section of the vader site. Hope I can find one.
How much you looking to spend?

Post pics of the head too! Congrats on an excellent purchase! Soldanos own!
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I don't really have a limit (nothing ridiculous though)

Here it is great condition

Last edited by Seiken at Jun 26, 2012,
not too sure about the cab (probably something oversized with v30s or similar modern-voiced speakers, though), but nice choice on the soldano.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
shoot them an email. Im sure theyll work something out. Honestly, I say get a bogner. Best built cabs. If ENGLs didnt sound like crap with v30s id get one myself.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Vaders are kinda goofy IMO. I dont know about you guys, but its hard for me to take someone seriously (unless youre muhammed suicmez) when you have a cab that says "VADER" on it...
Quote by tarlkea
O.M.G. I love Soldano SLO's. How is the Avenger? What is is voiced for? Nice amp brother! I have a 1960A cab, and it's nice. Want new speakers though. Also thinking about getting a 2x12, since it's a pain to move around. Just my 2 cents.
High as tits
The Avenger is the same thing as the SLO's overdrive channel. So it sounds the same :P just less versatile.
I would also go with Vader. Great cabs, and I think you can even buy them on their site.
Yes I see I can pay with paypal but it doesn't mention anything about shipping. I guess I will email them ASAP for information. Thanks guys.
Ok I received an email from someone at vadercabinets.com and it does look like they ship to Canada so I think I will order the 2x12 since i'm planning on playing in my basement and I wouldn't like my neighbours to hate me.

I got one question though, it says I must specify which impedance I want. Do I want 4,8 or 16? or does that change anything at all?
Quote by Seiken
Ok I received an email from someone at vadercabinets.com and it does look like they ship to Canada so I think I will order the 2x12 since i'm planning on playing in my basement and I wouldn't like my neighbours to hate me.

I got one question though, it says I must specify which impedance I want. Do I want 4,8 or 16? or does that change anything at all?

I always try to get 16 ohm cabs, because I pulled the 2 outer tubes on my SLO (so it runs at 50W & the output impedance is cut in half), & I run multiple cabs, so I need to be able to dial the impedance down low enough. You can't do that running 4 ohm or 8 ohm cabs.
BTW-before you order a cab, check these out:
http://www.tonetubby.com/tc.html
I use a Marshall 1960B & a Tone Tubby 2X12. The SLO actually sounds unbelievable through the Tone Tubbies (I have mixed speakers-an Alnico Blue & a ceramic).
Another reason I pulled tubes in the SLO-so it wouldn't blow the 60W TT cab when using the 2X12 alone.
Hey, & CONGRATULATIONS ON THE AVENGER by the way!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
The Mesa 212 with v30's sound really nice also.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Oh! I forgot to say look into Port City cabs too! BTBAM uses them. Their design gets the sound out really really good.

http://www.portcityamps.com/wave2.html

More expensive but excellent.
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
Oh! I forgot to say look into Port City cabs too! BTBAM uses them. Their design gets the sound out really really good.

http://www.portcityamps.com/wave2.html

More expensive but excellent.

They look quite interesting. But since I can't try them, I think I would be safer with the vader one (which is less expansive too).
Quote by Seiken
They look quite interesting. But since I can't try them, I think I would be safer with the vader one (which is less expansive too).

Yeah. More people use vaders and no one has said anything bad so youre safer that route.
Quote by tarlkea