I was originally going to have either a flamed or quilted maple top for the guitar I'll be working on soon, but something else caught my eye...

The curly bubinga on this site looks interesting. So does the claro walnut. Would these be a good choice for a top, sound-wise?

Thanks.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Figured Koa would be amazing. Koa by itself looks good if its not the ugly yellow color. Zebrawood looks great, but its kinda heavy. Spalt maple is a favorite of alot of people, but not me personally. Burl woods look good as well.
i just looked at some pictures of lacewood... it looks pretty cool but i dont know too much about its properties
My gear:
PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Ibanez AEL 50 SERLV
Peavey XXL Half Stack
Alright, cool. Would the bubinga work well?
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

The claro walnut looks cool...I'm not sure if I like it as much as the bubinga. I'm definitely considering it.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

^Something similar to that, or maybe the same in a really deep purple. Since I've never painted a guitar before, this will be hard, and I might settle for just the Bahama Blue or just the Purple, with no burst. This is all still being decided. The only bad part is that I need to decide the finish color before I buy the hardware, because with the purple, I'm getting gold hardware, and with the blue, I'm getting chrome.

EDIT: If you haven't seen my sig...I'm doing a guitar modeled after that. Thats why I want to do the burst as well.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

Alright, thanks a lot! I think I'm gonna go with the Bubinga, because it seems to suit the guitar more, but I might still consider the walnut.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

TBH, I wouldn't know which to choose. They all look amazing. I would go with blue if you are going to stain it.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
figured makore, figured sapelle, ribbon mahogany, curly Redwood (****ing amazing andddd cheap), amboyna burl, ANYTHING burl. birdseye maple, curly koa, anything bookmatched really. goncalo alves, spalted wood of various types.
fight the power that be
Hmm...I'm starting to consider just going with a natural finish now, with a really cool looking veneer...but I'm not sure I want to go with natural.
O.S.I.

Check out my profile

I saw someone on here use flamed birch, it looked very nice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
^Something similar to

Oh really?
That's Sapele Mahogany, and I think it's fits your cause quite well.
I'm pretty sure you can use it as a top wood, haven't done much research on it yet though.
sapele isnt a type of mahogany, but yes its a beautiful wood, not only can you find some very cool ribboning, grain pattern can be phenominal. sepele is like.. a cousin to mahogany. very similiar in characteristics, but a much more vibrant looking figure, if you can find it. flame/curly is pretty much standard in all wood, just some has it more than anothers. quilted on the other hand not so much. my personal favorite is makore.

http://mrdwab.com/john/Makorecab-top-detail.jpg
Wow...there are so many to pick from. This is becoming harder than I expected haha
O.S.I.

Check out my profile