i dont know about that but ive plugged a guitar into a bass amp and worked fine
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I'm pretty sure Enwhistle did it, but I might be wrong. But catching fire is kinda far fetched.
Bass amps can handle guitars, basses, and keyboards, guitar amps can only handle guitars. Their frequency registers are much smaller. I don't know about catching fire, but it will do some damage to the amp. Go buy a Spider III and try it!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
nope. wish it did. that would be a geat stage move.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
QUOTSA use bass amps I think...
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
The problem is the speakers. Bass speaker are built to handle all the overtone a bass produces, so has a large enough range to take a guitar.

However, guitar amps are only built to handle guitar frequencies. The long and shortof it is that a bass will destroy the speakers of a guitar amp.

This question is answered in the bass forum FAQ.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
hasnt happened to me...when i first got my bass at christmas the music store was having a giant crunch and my dad got handed a washburn bad dog 25 watt guitar amp instead of a washburn bad dog 30 watt bass amp...i used it for maybe 2 months EVERYDAY cranked to the max and it never went up in flames
Quote by jetfuel495
... started wanking away on it.
...but that little bugger just wouldnt blow.

Heheheh.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*