So i'm not sure if this belongs here or in building and customizing. If it doesn't belong here tell me and i'll move it.
My question is how do you adjust the intonation?
Whenever I move the saddle forward or back it doesn't do anything to the 12th frets pitch.
what kind of guitar/bridge is it?

edit: im assuming it's the JT on your profile. are you sure you're adjusting the placement of the saddles? have you made any modifications to the guitar? also old strings can sometimes throw off intonation a little bit
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 2, 2008,
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
what kind of guitar/bridge is it?

edit: im assuming it's the JT on your profile. are you sure you're adjusting the placement of the saddles? have you made any modifications to the guitar? also old strings can sometimes throw off intonation a little bit

No it's actually a guitar that i've been building in my woods class. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849697
There's some pics in there if you need to see the bridge.
Quote by drag_the_waters
No it's actually a guitar that i've been building in my woods class. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849697
There's some pics in there if you need to see the bridge.

when you were building it were you sure to measure the scale length of the neck properly? If not, then the bridge could be placed wrong and you'll have to redrill new holes at the proper distance
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
when you were building it were you sure to measure the scale length of the neck properly? If not, then the bridge could be placed wrong and you'll have to redrill new holes at the proper distance

Drilled em just where the plans said, and i didn't build the neck so that's measured right for sure.
even if you have measured wrong the intonation should still adjust. unless you were intonating wrong.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

make sure you tune up the open string After every adjustment.

and if you cant get the harmonic then compare fretted 12th and open note.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i'd double check just to make sure. measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret on the string, and then double it to find where the saddle should be positioned (im sure you knew that tho)....about how off is the intonation?
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless