hey guys,

Im looking for an awesome distortion pedal to get a real kick ass hard rock/ metal sound out of my JCM 900 combo. Im looking at a Landmine pedal distortion.

Even after doing my research (google, harmony central, search button) I still thought I wanted some more opinions on this pedal and especially its interaction with Marshall tube amps so please tell me what you think. I appreciate it.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Thought the 900 can do hard rock without pedals... The one i played had no issues at all, really heavy metal stuff might be a stretch but just get you a few boosters like eq and od pedal..
I thought some1d say that. I have an overdrive that Im satisfied with, but it wont push the JCM900 beyond hard rock (even with its own distortion at 20). Has something to do with my volume settings, too, tho. I keep it at a bedroom level mostly.

but, any opinions on the Landmine pedal?
Gear
Marshall jcm900
I hate its sound with a passion. It would be a shame to use that bee hive in front of your great amp. A good graphic equalizer should do the trick.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
with what kinda setup have you guys tried it?
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Horlicks
^ +1, I also hate that damn Damage Control Decimator
Check out the VOX Bulldog

Do you mean the Demonizer?

If so, I kind of agree. I mean, it has some great tones, but it isn't worth the price you pay for it.

I like the Big Ben a bit better though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I really like the sound on Guitar Worlds review. People who say they hate it, whats your take on the sound in that video?
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Walternativo
I really like the sound on Guitar Worlds review. People who say they hate it, whats your take on the sound in that video?

Don't go by Guitar World for anything. Nothing that they review sound like what they sound like in their reviews. I reckon they heavily EQ the things.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Higher gain pups?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Green_Jelly
I hate its sound with a passion. It would be a shame to use that bee hive in front of your great amp. A good graphic equalizer should do the trick.

I would say don't put that pedal in front of that bee hive of an amp, but to each his own. I, personally loathe the 900's.

Thread contribution:
I believe that the MXR 10 band Eq has a gain slider so that you can add a micro amount of gain/define what is already in place. But I think that the amp will get heavier if you back off of the gain knob and turn the sumbitch up. JCM's are not bedroom amps...
look I dont want an EQ pedal, I dont want a new amp, I dont want to turn it all the way up all the time (my mum and dad wouldnt really like that and theres a point in the volume knob where it just goes from acceptable to 'ear plug time' in a few milimeters)

I want a distortion pedal to do hard rock and metal.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by aznrockerdude
Higher gain pups?

... Im perfectly happy with my Gibson LP.
Gear
Marshall jcm900