Planning on most likely getting a Tiny Terror (finally decided), but several questions:

1)Will it go good with the sound I'm looking for? I listen and try to play a wide range of music:
-I play a little Indie/Ambient/Instrumental rock, like from The Mercury Project, and Saxon Shore
-Alternative sound like Foo Fighters, Pixies, early early Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins. (listen to the song 'You' By Radiohead)
-Garage Rocky sound like Arctic Monkeys, White Stripes, Strokes
-Led Zeppelin tones
-jazz and reggae
-The Latin style rock from 311 (listen to the song 'Lifes Not a Race')
-Theres a jazz band called Time Lapse Consortium the best describes the tone I want the most. Listen to any song by them. Its a side project of Incubus, another band I admire, and also like to emulate.

2)What kinda cab should I get? The traditional orange one? I was thinking of saving some of my limited money by using an Blackheart BH112, but would it sound bad?

3)I've heard mixed reviews on the cleans. Many people dont like em, and some say they're still good. Is the TT still worth getting? Because I do like my clean tones too, but I dont mind them a tad dirty, since the Incubus guitarist's cleans are fully clean. They have this slight dirty tone too.
Gear:
-White Fender Mexican Standard Tele (Newly Acquired!)
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Last edited by VintageZen at Jun 22, 2008,
the tiny terror thread is on the first page for crying out loud
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
For what you're doing, the TT and the VJ cab will both be great.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Oh I see you have the VJ. Hows the sound quality on those? Especially with a TT?
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
It has a pretty good amount of clarity for its price, and a fair amount of bass for a 1x12. I've gotten a lot of different tones out of it through some experimentation, but I'm more of a metalhead though. It's definitely a more vintage-voiced cab than anything, which is good, considering your music interests. Certainly worth trying out.
Axe-FX Standard
What part of my music taste are you referring to?
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Pretty much everything. The only issue you might have is the clean parts - even on 15 watts, it doesn't really have phenomenal headroom, but if you're just playing at home, it should be fine.
Axe-FX Standard
I hear because it's british rated, its actually much louder than a 15W correct?

btw, got any pics/vids of it in action? Since I'm leaning towards this specific combo.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
The way "British" rating works, it's rated at 15 watts clean, so when you're using gain, yes, it'll be louder.

EDIT: I only have a clip of it playing all-out metal. I'm planning on putting up something with its cleans and lower-gain sound though, so I'll keep you posted.
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at May 2, 2008,
get a marshall mc212. cheapest and biggest marshall cabinet out there. 350 bucks on musicians friend, and its a 2X12. its the one i got for my tiny terror. oh and btw, TT can handle metal just fine. go on youtube and search "Tiny terror playing metal"
:-)
I actually dont want a big cabinet.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Quote by DrNick
The way "British" rating works, it's rated at 15 watts clean, so when you're using gain, yes, it'll be louder.

EDIT: I only have a clip of it playing all-out metal. I'm planning on putting up something with its cleans and lower-gain sound though, so I'll keep you posted.

Sweet thanks.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
How would it sound on a BH112 Cab?
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
I don't think it's a good choice for you. It's a very cool little amp, but it's not for everyone.

Are you gigging at all? The TT doesn't have great cleans, and it's unlikely that you'd be able to play clean in a gig setting with it. Sounds like you like your cleans. I'd suggest something more along the lines of a Vox AC30, or a lower priced facsimile like the Peavey Delta Blues or Laney VC 30 (depending on your location).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
How bout a Vox AC15CC1?

I mostly leaned towards the TT because it plays well with Zeppelin Tones, but as you said, the cleans dont do it justice. I dont gig, but jam with several bands.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Quote by VintageZen
How bout a Vox AC15CC1?

I'm not a fan of it. It's less than just a smaller version of the AC30CC, IMHO. And I love the AC30. For similar money, I think the Peavey Delta Blues 115 would be a significantly better choice. Especially if you want some good cleans over drums.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm still in love with the crunch of the TT, but I'll stop by GC to try out that Delta Blues.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
changed the first post a tad.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Quote by DrNick
The way "British" rating works, it's rated at 15watts clean, so when you're using gain, yes, it'll be louder.

actually, that's not the british rating. most, if not all amps are rated based on their clean headroom (or usually like 5% THD). if you crank up a tube amp to 10, it's max wattage is going to be about double it's rms wattage.

i'm not too keen on what the british way is exactly, but i'm sure it's just a tad more generous. so the tt could be rated at 15watts, but really might not be breaking up until it reaches 18 or 20watts even.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Read some of the user reviews on Harmony-Central. Most folks who own this amp (like me) love 'em.

There are clean tones in there, but the TT wants to be played with a little dirt. I think it would work well with most of the music you listed in the OP. And you can also clean things up by swapping around different pre- and power-amp tubes. The TT is self-biasing, so you just pop in some new tubes and let her rip.

I play mine through an Avatar 1x12 cab with a broken-in G12H30; this is the same speaker Orange uses in the Tiny Terror combo. Here's a YouTube video of my 2 boys doing a Nirvana cover at their school's talent; the Tiny Terror was the featured amp. It was un-mic'ed, with the volume at around 11:00 and the gain at about 2:00, so there was still plenty of room to crank things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWfI1c4OzM (click on "View in high quality")
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Jun 23, 2008,
The problem with the HC reviews I've read, is they all conflict. One says the cleans are good, another bashes them.
Gear:
-ProCo Rat 2
-Dunlop GCB 95 Crybaby
-Fender FM DSP 25
Quote by VintageZen
The problem with the HC reviews I've read, is they all conflict. One says the cleans are good, another bashes them.

Depends on the guitar you're using a lot of the time, and how hard you play it. Every user is going to have different results. IMHO, it's really not much of a clean amp. That's really not what it's designed to do. The idea from it is to get that great Orange crunch at lower volumes.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.