Am i an idiot?

I just bought a M-Audio MIDISport 2X2, thinking i could use it as an interface to record electric guitar. Here's what i bought.

my guitar has just the standard 1/4 inch plug.

Am i screwed?
The Midisport is for Midi devices like the Boss GT8 and Behringer VAMP2, along synths so you can work with a computer. To record your guitar with that setup, you'll need something like a GT8, POD, or similar to act as a signal processor.
put simply, yes, and no the guy the guy above, a GT8 wont help you at all either, the only midi data sent (midi is data, not audio btw) is patch change info....who advised you on that? you owe them a punch in the mouth
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
I have the same one, but it's 1x1 usb, and I connect it to my keyboard.

It doesn't work anymore though >
sorry

this may be better served over in Riffs and Recording forum

but do you NEED MIDI? it looks like it would take your 1/4 guitar cable and at least do USB out.

not super sure on all the codecs but i'm sure if you Search on that pedal and Midi you will find some better answers. imo.

;
Ok, to clarify some stuff: When you plug a keyboard to the computer with a MIDI cable you are NOT SENDING AUDIO to the computer. You are sending data which says (among other things) what note you played, how hard you hit it, how long for etc. No audio, what this does is trigger something be it a hard or soft synth, the synth makes the sound based on the MIDI info recieved, capiche?

And to the guy above, if you don't know what's going on, then don't post, this just makes it harder for the OP to work out what's wrong...what is it with this place and everyone posting their half-witted ideas when they clearly don't add anything to anything?
Gats:
Fender US Vintage 70's Strat, Modded Epi LP, Ibanez RBM-1
Amp:
Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20
Pedals:
Catalinbread Semaphore, Red WitchPhaser, Line 6 FM-4, Ibanez SM-9, Ibanez SD-9, Morely Bad Horsie, TC Electronic Nova Delay
^ you're right clap clap and +1

if you were responding to me - at least i didn't say 'send it back' or 'noob'ness! so therefore - take it over to R&R.

i waited an hour before i made my response but only to try to help because i was bored...so thx for keeping things strait. peace out

;