We lost power over here, while my amp was on standby. I've haven't tried it yet, but is there any chance that damage was done to it? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Its dead man. You might as well send it to me. Pm me and ill give address and you give me tracking number for the package.
Quote by theacousticpunk
We lost power over here, while my amp was on standby. I've haven't tried it yet, but is there any chance that damage was done to it? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Easy answer, just try it and find out =)
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard (Cherry finish)
Ibanez JS1000 (Black Pearl finish)

Effects:
Zoom G2.1u

Amp:
Bugera 333XL Head (Coming Soon)
Avatar G212H Special (Coming Soon)
Crate FW15R
Just playin' it safe. This amp dies and I'm screwed, so I'm being as careful as possible.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
nothin wrong with checkin first

i'm not an expert on this and i am assuming you have a tube/valve amp with a power tube/valve.

you can obviously look at the tubes themselves for damage and it could be blown fuse so you may want to check that, but the bottom line is if it is blown it is blown - turning it on isn't going to make it blow up more.

i am assuming by now you have checked....sorry i walked away for a moment to brewskitize

;
An amp is not like a computer, where you need to go through a shutdown procedure to turn it off. Shutting down an amp involves flipping the mains switch. A power failure is essentially the same thing. Even if the outage were accompanied by a power surge, it's not likely to hurt the amp. Tube amps are pretty forgiving of voltage fluctuations.
Okay, thanks guys!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120