So I am thinking about purchasing an overdrive pedal while I currently have a solid state amp (I will upgrade to tube amp when I have a summer job.)

I would use it mainly for lighter gain solos ( I am in a metalcore band but would like to introduce some more progressive elements; think between the buried and me low gain solos.)

I was wondering if I could also use it, while on my lead channel, as a boost with the gain down on the pedal and the level up without creating a massive amount of feedback as I know when you use distortion pedals on an already distorted signal that's what happens.

Thanks for the advice!
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
You might as well buy it, it'll prove much more useful with a tube amp, anyways.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
it'll work. don't drive it like you would a tube amp. but it'll work. i've done it with my Kustom kga65.. its a SS along the lines of a peavey transtube.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yeah it will work fine.

any minute now someone will come in here and fukcing freak out because "they only sound good on tube amps"

ignore them.