Page 1 of 2
mhm. Band reminds me of rash Talk a lot. On older releases at least.

"Sick" is pretty thrashy.
I got the Terminal Cancer EP. Sweet stuff. Pissed-off as hell, which is excellent.
this band isnt bad
kind of a trash talk rip
and pretty one dimmensional
theirs songs seem to not go anywhere and are very predictable
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties
I wouldn't say Extortion is a Trash Talk rip, they have both been making music about the same time, so it's not like TT influenced Extortion in the least, and Extortion is PV where as TT is hardcore. Extortion is so much faster and balls out that trash talk, by far.
Quote by SadistNation
I wouldn't say Extortion is a Trash Talk rip, they have both been making music about the same time, so it's not like TT influenced Extortion in the least, and Extortion is PV where as TT is hardcore. Extortion is so much faster and balls out that trash talk, by far.

you make valid points
doesn't mean they don't sound very similar though
then again i've heard people call ceremony hardcore and others call it power violence, splitting music into genre's these days seems almost impossible
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
i'm not sure when trash talk started up but i'm pretty sure these guys were around before them. keep in mind i'm not sure about that.

band is awesome, they kill it live. seeing them next thursday (with trash talk, coincidentally).
well with that said i guess their not a rip then
but you can't doubt the similarities
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
Sick is so relentlessly fast. I can hardly imagine a drummer capable of playing an entire set of their stuff.
Quote by SadistNation
There are similarities....but no ripoff.

i just said that
Quote by alm0st a skat3r

xxx
I still need to pick up terminal cancer and split 7", but everything this band has done rules. The Control EP has my favourite songs, but I probably listen to Sick the most.

I realise you admitted it and everything, but there is no possible way they ripped off trash talk at all.
Just finished listening to Sick. It rips for sure and is fast as ****, although it is a tad one-dimensional.
Quote by handbanana

kind of a trash talk rip

loling

Extortion is so freaking good.
Get weird. Chug weed.
Quote by JxD
Sick is so relentlessly fast. I can hardly imagine a drummer capable of playing an entire set of their stuff.

Saw them support Gorilla Biscuits. Drummer was playing on one of the ****tiest kits I've ever seen and he still sounded awesome.
Quote by TBC Guitarist
Saw them support Gorilla Biscuits. Drummer was playing on one of the ****tiest kits I've ever seen and he still sounded awesome.

I wish I had been you.
Quote by Internal Chaos
Best Australian band. Period. Missing them tonight with Trash Talk, suicide seems like an option.

I missed Trash Talk too, but missing Extortion? Weak.. haha.

By the way, why were you banned?
Also missed trash talk tonight...I only really wanted to see ill and extortion anyway. Also wanted to get burgerlicious before the show
Quote by 12shinn21
I missed Trash Talk too, but missing Extortion? Weak.. haha.

By the way, why were you banned?

Extreme flaming of a White Power Nazi in the metal forum. I won in the long run, he was forced to change his avatar and sig.
Ah fair enough.

Just picked up the split 7" with Agents of Abhorrence, way better quality than the digital rips I have heard. Extortion songs all slay, and the AOA side is probably just as good.
Quote by .malfunction
Also missed trash talk tonight...I only really wanted to see ill and extortion anyway. Also wanted to get burgerlicious before the show

sup josh?
Extortion ripped of bands such as Crossed Out, No Comment, Infest, etc; they definitely didn't rip of Trash Talk FFS. And Ceremony and Trash Talk are NOT powerviolence. It's best not to even use that term at all unless you have a very good understanding of its history, people love to get nitpicky and elitist about it. I don't know much about it either, but know enough to know that I don't know enough, or care.

Anyway, I saw Extortion again on Thursday with Trash Talk, White Male Dumbinance, and some other bands, people should check out White Male Dumbinance if they like Extortion. They don't leave Newcastle very often so don't get the recognition they deserve but definitely rule. Extortion still have the best merch ever, pity the kid in front of me bought the last of the shirt I wanted.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
WMD rule

they were going to come to QLD, i think it was late last year or early this year, but the show was canceled for some reason..
Quote by 12shinn21
Baby Killer T shirt is easily the best.

And that's the one I wanted.
Quote by lachyray
Is that the red one with the coathanger? Because I want that one so bad. Doesn't the vocalist do all the art?

I love WMD, I have Forced Vengeance on 7". Good buy.
Nah this one.

You can probably find someone willing to sell their coathanger shirt on BGO. So many people bought it not realising that they'd never, ever wear it... this is it for anyone wondering.
Quote by lachyray
Ah that first shirt is awesome. I'd be wearing that Extortion shirt (coathanger one) daily if I had it, I MUST sign up to BGO now. What's your UN for it?
Quote by Internal Chaos
Ah that first shirt is awesome. I'd be wearing that Extortion shirt (coathanger one) daily if I had it, I MUST sign up to BGO now. What's your UN for it?

moonman
Quote by lachyray
I'm trying to register on BGO, but it wont let me. It has the Name the band: Parkway... question, so I put in Drive and it just says incorrect answer?
Try a lower case D in drive.
Quote by lachyray
Page 1 of 2