I'll name a few that should be possible:
  • Paradise City
  • Sweet Child o' Mine
  • Almost any G n'r Solo
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'll name a few that should be possible:
  • Paradise City
  • Sweet Child o' Mine
  • Almost any G n'r Solo

My inability to play the solo from "Mr Brownstone" made me make this topic
Errr... Voodoo Chile? Pride and Joy?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Any solo that ever existed... just transposed down a half step.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Come on... I've been playing for 3 months and I play master of puppets and crazy train solos. Just put your mind to it and don't stop practising. Thats what I do.
do a poison solo... talk dirty to me maybe

or maybe nothin but a good time
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I believe Hendrix played in Eb?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
he prolly means solos he can play and remember w/ great accuracy, and ones that won't take weeks to learn. he's been playing a year so that's not a bad time to start workin' on some decent length solos. ANY GNR solo? HA. sounds like someone who knows maybe 4 or 5 G N R songs total. if i'm incorrect and you actually know more than one album of their work (and if you do then you wouldn't be suggesting them like they're easiest ones to play), then don't take offence. but i'm convinced that only less than even a quarter of UG actually knows more than the G N R songs they've played on the radio or on the greatest hits album.

give him solos that aren't going to take a lot of precise bends and vibrato quivers to sound great. sure, anyone can eventually learn to play all of sweet child of mine, but how many will actually play it withe ACCURACY, IN TEMPO, CORRECT PITCHED BENDS, and most importantly with SOUL? last time i checked, just b/c slash used minor pentatonic a lot doesn't mean his solos were so easily mastered. i would like to see the 3 month player record himself playing master of puppets and crazy train solo and let us SEE and HEAR how it sounds. not b/c i'm a smartass, but b/c i want to be able to explain what i mean by what i'm saying. the best solos for you to start out on are medium tempo ones or slower.

Shook me all night long would probably be a GREAT beginning solo for you!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
and like i said oneblackened, don't be too offended by me, it's late at night and i've seen so many "G N R solos are so easy, slash is just all bends and minor pentatonic. nothing fast."

haha tell that to someone who has been listening to every single album over and over since they ever started playing.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
watching over me - iced earth

Quote by slash_rocks2005
he prolly means solos he can play and remember w/ great accuracy, and ones that won't take weeks to learn. he's been playing a year so that's not a bad time to start workin' on some decent length solos. ANY GNR solo? HA. sounds like someone who knows maybe 4 or 5 G N R songs total. if i'm incorrect and you actually know more than one album of their work (and if you do then you wouldn't be suggesting them like they're easiest ones to play), then don't take offence. but i'm convinced that only less than even a quarter of UG actually knows more than the G N R songs they've played on the radio or on the greatest hits album.

give him solos that aren't going to take a lot of precise bends and vibrato quivers to sound great. sure, anyone can eventually learn to play all of sweet child of mine, but how many will actually play it withe ACCURACY, IN TEMPO, CORRECT PITCHED BENDS, and most importantly with SOUL? last time i checked, just b/c slash used minor pentatonic a lot doesn't mean his solos were so easily mastered. i would like to see the 3 month player record himself playing master of puppets and crazy train solo and let us SEE and HEAR how it sounds. not b/c i'm a smartass, but b/c i want to be able to explain what i mean by what i'm saying. the best solos for you to start out on are medium tempo ones or slower.

Shook me all night long would probably be a GREAT beginning solo for you!!

+1

when i say i can play a solo i mean that i can play it and it sounds 95% like the recording on the CD with the other 5% being my own additions to incorporate some of my own style
sure i could be like the rest of UG and say i can play like 100 different solos...but the truth is, when it comes to covering other's songs, i can prolly play maybe 8 solos off the top of my head without havin to look them up and double check, and also make sure i'm doing the speed and technique right.

i stopped worrying about too many covers a year and half back and have been spending most my time just improving MY style. but now i've gone back into lookin into G N R songs that used to be harder lol. now they're easier, but i'm far from mastering them.

glad to know someone knows what i'm talking about

but this is what most people who have only played for a couple years or so mean when they say "hey i can play ------'s solo!!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRL5k-vd1N0
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Check out Poison's "Talk Dirty To Me" the solo isn't that long, easy, and sounds pretty cool. I'm pretty sure that it's in Eb tuning too, if not, ¯\(°_o)/¯
Quote by slash_rocks2005
sure i could be like the rest of UG and say i can play like 100 different solos...but the truth is, when it comes to covering other's songs, i can prolly play maybe 8 solos off the top of my head without havin to look them up and double check, and also make sure i'm doing the speed and technique right.

i stopped worrying about too many covers a year and half back and have been spending most my time just improving MY style. but now i've gone back into lookin into G N R songs that used to be harder lol. now they're easier, but i'm far from mastering them.

glad to know someone knows what i'm talking about

but this is what most people who have only played for a couple years or so mean when they say "hey i can play ------'s solo!!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRL5k-vd1N0

**** hammer-ons, tremolo picking is the solution to everything!
Quote by Mo Jiggity

you do know people actually play solos at are not in E on guitars that are in E std?
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by slash_rocks2005
and like i said oneblackened, don't be too offended by me, it's late at night and i've seen so many "G N R solos are so easy, slash is just all bends and minor pentatonic. nothing fast."

haha tell that to someone who has been listening to every single album over and over since they ever started playing.

I'd say his solos aren't the easiest, for one thing they're somewhat low in the mix, so they're hard to hear (as in not right on top). It also took me about 5 weeks to get the paradise city solo down. So, I think some of the stuff from the first album (the easier songs--Paradise city, WTTJ, Sweet child, My Michelle) should be possible.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by Mo Jiggity

+1

I'm assuming the TS is just in Eb (half step down) tuning

threads like this make baby jesus cry

although technically if you want to play along with the recording you'd want to transpose UP a half step

Otherwise it's be simpler to play the solo in exactly the same place as the tab says!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at May 3, 2008,
Quote by Walternativo
you do know people actually play solos at are not in E on guitars that are in E std?

Well obviously... I wasn't talking about key signature, but tuning. And yes you could transpose it so it's in the same key in a different tuning. I'm not thta stupid xD
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Nightrain by Guns, Izzy's solo is pretty easy and so is Slash's, but the outro is difficult adn takes a bit of practise
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by rabbit1397
Come on... I've been playing for 3 months and I play master of puppets and crazy train solos. Just put your mind to it and don't stop practising. Thats what I do.

lol....

Anyways, try the solo from A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth. It's not too bad, I began learning it after playing for about 7 months. The only slightly difficult part is the sweep picking at the end, but it's not insane sweep picking. Give it a try.