Got a Metroamp JTM45 in the mail today:

now, the fun part.

The Rectifier tube broke during shipping, i'll probably buy a replacement tonight.

the Input 1 # jack also broke off during shipping, the jack costs about 2 bucks, but i might bring it in to a tech to make sure everything else is good.

Also, the power tubes (Valve Art KT66's) arent sitting tight in their sockets, i dont want to push too hard, but maybe i'm just not pushing hard enough?

no opinions/clips as of now because i still dont have a cab, but its a beautiful amp.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Last edited by igotabcrich32 at May 2, 2008,
Quote by shameonthenight
how much did you pay for it?
looks really nice

my Deluxe Reverb RI + 400 bucks (about a 1000 dollal value, guy was selling it for 1400 originally).
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
THAT AMP IS GORGEOUS!!!!

I'm jealous.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Looks sweet. I would try to get someone to cover the damages incurred during shipping before paying to fix things that were broken when it wasn't your fault.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Sweet.
Looks like it can double as a small card table too.

Nice. Clipz when you can!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Holy hell, I want one.

That thing looks gorgeous!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Poor amp, sounds like it went through some dodgy shipping.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Thanks guys, it looks even better in person.

if filing a claim means having to send the amp out, then i'm not going to bother. Between the 20 dollar Rectifier tube and the 2 dollar input jack, i'd rather just get it done myself.

and surprisingly, it was shipped via FedEx (!).

and after i get a cab i'll pop a few clips up. I just cant wait until i can crank it.
Nice.

How do you mean, the input jack broke off? They don't exactly stick out much.
Congrats, man! Looks really sweet! Sounds like you got a nice deal, too.

Quote by rageandlove04
I would try to get someone to cover the damages incurred during shipping before paying to fix things that were broken when it wasn't your fault.

Me too. I'd at least contact them and see what they can do for you. If you still think it's too much of a hassle at that point, you could always just take care of it yourself.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Very nice amp man, very nice. I would want that sucker fixed and working asap. Not questioning/insulting your skills, but I would take that to a tech to have it completely checked out simply for piece of mind if you know what I mean. Out of curiosity, what's the cabinet you are going to use that through?
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at May 3, 2008,
hey, thanks guys!

i took a few pics. I'm still having trouble with the power tubes, should they be all the way in? they feel really loose and wobble around, i'm afraid i'm pushing them hard in.

also, i'm going to order a JJ Tesla GZ34/5AR4 to replace the broken rec. Do i need to bias it?

my cousin is also letting me borrow one of his Mesa 4x12 cabs until i get one, i'm just going to save up and get something like a Tone Tubby instead of cheaping out with an Avatar.

Yeah, try pushing those tubes in a little further. Don't be shy. Gentle, but firm.

And I bet that amp'll kick ass thru a Tone Tubby cab!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Yeah, try pushing those tubes in a little further. Don't be shy. Gentle, but firm.

And I bet that amp'll kick ass thru a Tone Tubby cab!

I took the chassis out and pushed as hard as i felt comfortable, they're still about the same distance (as far as being able to see the pegs) they're not wobbling around, but if i touch it hard enough i can make it move.

is this right?
Quote by KetchupLad14
Hey....

You stole my Album of The Month idea!

Oh well, I forgot about doing that. You can have it

i've been doing it since December

anyways, i kept on messing with the power tubes and now theyre firmly in place, but still showing a small bit of the pegs between the tubes socket and the base of the tube. do i need to get it all the way in?
Quote by igotabcrich32
i've been doing it since December

anyways, i kept on messing with the power tubes and now theyre firmly in place, but still showing a small bit of the pegs between the tubes socket and the base of the tube. do i need to get it all the way in?

Well I sort of left the Gear forum, so I don't see your posts regularly.

I'm not an expert on tube amps, but I think you should probably just bring it in for a check-up anyway.
That way, you can be certain.
holy crap that thing is beautiful... i think you asked for some kinda advice about something but i couldn't take my eyes off the pretty pictu... pretty