I already recorded this one (its in my profile), but I wanted people to know exactly what I was playing and stuff, so here is the tablature. When I recorded the song I improvised a lot, so it isnt exactly the same.
Attachments:
thisiscool.zip
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
This song is really cool. Very well laid out and has good form. Not to mention it rocks, nice funky breakdown. Nice use of 1-5-9 chords in the 3/4 part also.

The only crit I got is that the 3/4 part doesn't flow like a 3/4 should. It sounds like it's an odd meter (moreso than 3/4). maybe fix the drums to get a 6/8 feel over that rif, putting the backbeat on the and 2. If you want an example of the drum rhythm I'm talking about just ask.
Last edited by coffeeguy9 at May 2, 2008,
Quote by coffeeguy9
This song is really cool. Very well laid out and has good form. Not to mention it rocks, nice funky breakdown. Nice use of 1-5-9 chords in the 3/4 part also.

The only crit I got is that the 3/4 part doesn't flow like a 3/4 should. It sounds like it's an odd meter (moreso than 3/4). maybe fix the drums to get a 6/8 feel over that rif, putting the backbeat on the and 2. If you want an example of the drum rhythm I'm talking about just ask.

Well, that is exactly what I was trying to do: make 3/4 sound like an odd meter by making the drums Coheed and Cambria-esque and placing the 3/4 section in the middle of a 4/4 song.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux