Went into Guitar Center tonite, looking for a tele. It's the one sound that I really don't have in my aresenal of guitars. I have your LP style... I have an American Strat, and I have a JP Knock-off ES-335, which I actually REALLY REALLY like the sound of. Anyways, I had been thinking about spending $500-$750, which meant probably a MIM, but I might have jumped up to an American Standard if I found one I really liked. I was leaning towards wanting a Tele with the classic single-coil pick-up in the bridge, with a humbucker in the neck, which meant a '72 Reissue Custom. They didn't have any in the store, but they did have a Deluxe (2 humbuckers) and I pulled it off the wall and plugged in. Played everything tonite through a Marshall JCM2000 TSL601. That's close enough to my DSL401, that I was comfortable with what I was hearing through that amp.

At first I wasn't extremely impressed with the '72 Reissue. So, then the Assistant Manager came around, and he's the guy who I usually deal with. While he's usually the instigator into getting something better than I'm looking at, he's usually pretty dead on with his ear. So, he pulled out this Reissue '52 Hot Rod Tele. It was the only guitar in the store that had the S/HB combo I was looking for.

Here is the page on Fender's web site... http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100232850

I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the sound of this guitar. It has a Seymour Duncan mini-HB in the neck that is warm and inviting. It's just very smooth and sounds incredible. With the single coin in the bridge, you get that classic Tele sound. With the pick-up selector in position two, it gives an incredible combination of the two sounds. The guitar also sports a vintage nitrocellulose finish, which helps give it that great vintage tone.

Definately would recommend this American made Fender to just about anyone. You can get a gritty jazz sound, a smooth clean sound, or a chucky, meaty distorted sound. Overall... it's amazing!

Yes... yes I did buy this amazing beauty in Butterscotch
-George

Gear:
'52 RI Fender Tele Hot Rod (*drool*)
(93) 1994 40th Anniversary Fender Strat (American)
Michael Kelly Patriot Q in Amberburst
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Crate V8 Palomino 5W Tube Combo
Last edited by JrGuitarMan at May 2, 2008,
So did you end up buying it?

EDIT: Oh, just read the sig. Enjoy it!
I'll check it out next time I'm at a music store even though I'm more of a Strat guy.
Quote by crust_punk
So did you end up buying it?

EDIT: Oh, just read the sig. Enjoy it!
I'll check it out next time I'm at a music store even though I'm more of a Strat guy.

I'm really more of a Gibson guy... though now that makes two Fenders and zero Gibson's in my line-up
-George

Gear:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price on it? I may be interested in that model. Sounds exactly like what I am looking for!
~Nick
I've been interested in one myself and the spec fits what I want perfectly. I'm just put off because I can't stand that yellow/black pickguard finish.

Good to hear it sounds as good as it reads on paper though. Maybe I'll save up and have one refinished.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
U spelled Arsenal wrongly i guess, or i may be wrong! Haha. Congrats on ur new axe too.Must look and sound sexy!
I've also tried one, and it was the best Tele I've ever played (along with the original '52 RI).
Congrats!
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
sweet, those look nice but i've never tried one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ccrnnr9
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price on it? I may be interested in that model. Sounds exactly like what I am looking for!
~Nick

The price tag was $1600 with a Tweed case include, which the case isnormally like $130, so I figure it at $1470. The regular '52 Reissue is ike $1300 or $1400, so it was really only a little bit more than a regular '52 Reissue...
-George

Gear:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401