ok so me and my dad were talking about upgrading my guitar in a couple of months and he said instead of getting another guitar like the epiphone les paul for $300 get a good guitar that won't be as much trouble. So i need your help on looking at some guitars i was thinking between the price range of $700-1200ish so yeah i mainly play avenged sevenfold songs or hard rock and i want a guitar with a good tone control too. Thanks!
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
jackson RR1
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Upgrade your amp first. For serial.

In that price range, I'd look at a used Mesa, Engl, or Bugera combo. Then use whatever's left over, in addition for whatever money you might get from selling the spider and Ibanez, and buy a decent, $400 or so guitar, prefereably used.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Upgrade your amp first. For serial.

In that price range, I'd look at a used Mesa, Engl, or Bugera combo. Then use whatever's left over, in addition for whatever money you might get from selling the spider and Ibanez, and buy a decent, $400 or so guitar, prefereably used.

This man is very right a good amp like a mesa or engl will completely transform your sound
It did for me.
Quote by itchy guitar
jackson RR1

That's a bit out of his price range.

Since you like A7X, you might wanna go with a Schecter. A few to check out are the C-1 Hellraiser FR, C-1 Blackjack FR ATX, V-1 Hellraiser FR, Sunset Hellraiser FR, and the Synyster Custom. Most of those also have non-FR versions, if you prefer a fixed bridge over a locking trem.

Some other guitars to check out are the ESP M-1000, ESP M-II, and the ESP Eclipse II.

I've got tons more.

EDIT: Oh god, I didn't see his sig. Yes, get an amp. Please.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Yeah dude, you can get a nice Mesa F30 or F50 that will get you fantastic hard rock tones. You can get them new for like $850. It really is a steal for that price and would be quite a step up.
Gear:
70s Gibson ES-335
Fender MIM Strat
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Mesa Express 5:50
Fender NOS Blues Junior
Line 6 PodXT Live
Don't listen to them. Unless your playing hardcore gigs and on the verge of being signed to a major deal I say get the best guitar you possibly can that you truly love how it feels in your hands playing it, looks and sounds. You just mentioned that you had alot of problems with your epi, a $300-$400 guitar. I don't know about the rest of you but when my guitar isn't in tip top shape my drive to wanna pratice on it goes way down. Get a great guitar that's gonna keep you comming back for more. Then save up and decide on your amp.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by pinksalmon
Don't listen to them. Unless your playing hardcore gigs and on the verge of being signed to a major deal I say get the best guitar you possibly can that you truly love how it feels in your hands playing it, looks and sounds. You just mentioned that you had alot of problems with your epi, a $300-$400 guitar. I don't know about the rest of you but when my guitar isn't in tip top shape my drive to wanna pratice on it goes way down. Get a great guitar that's gonna keep you comming back for more. Then save up and decide on your amp.

How bad a Spider III possibly is, I agree with this. It's better to have a good guitar that's fun to play and an amp that not is great (you can actually get good tones out of them, it's just not easy, decent practice amps) as I think that will make it more fun to play than to have a guitar that you hate and an amp that is great. How great it possibly sound then, you would not want to play because you hate the guitar.

So, I think you should get a guitar first, then as soon as possible a new amp. Find the guitar that's just right for you. Good luck.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Well it could be worse, you could have bought an MG O_o.

But yer I would go for the amp, Tube If you can, then you might think ' I don't need a new guitar '.

If you cannot get a tube, Try a Roland Cube or I've heard some good things about Vox..
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
If you ask 10 different people you'll get 10 different answers. I'm a Dean fan myself, check out Hardtails in that price range or if you like a bit more aggressive body styles an ML is pretty sweet. I also agree that a good guitar is more important then a good amp. A good amp may do alot more for your tone, but a good guitar will go alot farther for your feel and technique and in my opinion that's more important. The difference between a $400 guitar and a $1000 one is huge.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by mafropetee
That's a bit out of his price range.

Since you like A7X, you might wanna go with a Schecter. A few to check out are the C-1 Hellraiser FR, C-1 Blackjack FR ATX, V-1 Hellraiser FR, Sunset Hellraiser FR, and the Synyster Custom. Most of those also have non-FR versions, if you prefer a fixed bridge over a locking trem.

Some other guitars to check out are the ESP M-1000, ESP M-II, and the ESP Eclipse II.

I've got tons more.

EDIT: Oh god, I didn't see his sig. Yes, get an amp. Please.

i could have sworn a rr1 was between 1000 and 1200. but that may be used
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.