Ok UG, I recently won a contest for a free ipod, and I just installed the software and whatnot today. What I'm wondering though, is if it's possible to put songs from Windows media player on iTunes, as all my music is on windows media player since I used to just have a creative zen. I really don't want to have to download it all again, but if that's the only way then I guess I'll do that. If downloading it is the only way, please tell me how to get it to work on itunes.

Thanks.

-kyle100
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
drag it over into itunes (literally just drag it) if it doesnt allow, copy ur music to ur desktop or a folder, then into itunes
when you download itunes it asks you if you want to import all music

say yes...
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
If it didnt ask you, you should be able to go to "File" and import in your library.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I did try dragging and dropping, doesn't work, it never asked me to import my music, and I'm looking for my library in the import section.
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Roland Microcube

go to ur itunes allocate it to the file where all your music files are stored and then hit import. itunes will convert it all for the ipod. this could take awhile so just relax while it does its thing. as it converts it will add it to ur itunes music lib. and then after that u can plug in the ipod and then just drag and drop from ur itunes music folder to ur ipod.
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
why double the size of your music on your harddrive? if you already have a working player you dont need an ipod. just give it away or sell it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
oh ya when i did my first itunes it found my music file instantly and asked if i wanted to import them...
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
Quote by kyle100
I did try dragging and dropping, doesn't work, it never asked me to import my music, and I'm looking for my library in the import section.

liar, u just happen to be one of those people that when installing software just clicks next till its over, then wonder why the hell they have 10 google searchbars and a 60 day subscription to bigboys.net.

either way just find the play on ur comp that music is actually saved, then drag into itunes
oh one more thing is hope ur wmp is full of original music (i hope u catch this hint) cause if it is not "original" "bought" music u will lose all your cover art and have to redo that all in the itunes folders
音乐是生活
Music is Life

i think this is obviuos but idk i dont kno much about computers so yah

itunes uses mp4 files, which is music and video. and i think windows uses mp3 files, so idk if itll work. im just repeating wat the dude at best buy told me when i got my mp3.

try calling the geek squad. there lik the computer gods
Quote by djmay71
OMG

eddievh2, you are a genuis, and true man of action

damn right

Quote by Zugunruhe

or else, how good are you at drawing penises?

lulz
Quote by eddievh2
i think this is obviuos but idk i dont kno much about computers so yah

itunes uses mp4 files, which is music and video. and i think windows uses mp3 files, so idk if itll work. im just repeating wat the dude at best buy told me when i got my mp3.

try calling the geek squad. there lik the computer gods

if that was serious that was failure on a spectacular level.....congrats

mp4 is a movie file that ipods support

ipods also play mp3 or AAC for music/audio
Ok I managed to get it to work by copying my music into an outside folder then dragging it into the itunes library, thanks for the help everyone.
Quote by nt1440
liar, u just happen to be one of those people that when installing software just clicks next till its over, then wonder why the hell they have 10 google searchbars and a 60 day subscription to bigboys.net.

either way just find the play on ur comp that music is actually saved, then drag into itunes

Actually, I'm not lying, I did not see it come up. I do occasionally just keep clicking next to advance through the installation, but it would be a yes/no answer for the importing music question, not a next.

Also, something strange happened when I restarted my computer after installing the software, it said that my boot devices had changed or something and when I tried to run the computer it just stayed on the same screen saying something like "Verifying pool data, please wait..." I finally managed to get it working again by going into setup and changing the priority boot devices, which were automatically changed somehow. I just found this to be a very strange thing to happen.
My Rig:

Guitars:

Amps:
Roland Microcube

Last edited by kyle100 at May 2, 2008,