ITT: Post songs you thought were hard but when you sat down to learn them, they were too easy

DMV - Primus
Wynonna's(sp?) Big Brown Beaver - Primus
2112 - Rush
(Anestesia): Pulling Teeth - Metallica

Und du?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I'm gonna have to side with you on DMV, and while I can't play Jerry Was A Racecar Driver perfectly, I expected it to be much harder.

I have this happen a lot but I can't think of anymore examples of the top of my head.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Say It Aint So - Weezer
Heart Shaped Box- Nirvana
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions (just the main part and the first solo)
Funk 49 - James Gang
Scar Tissue by RHCP.... all the mutes confuse and scare me but when i sit down it's usually pretty easy.
Time - pink floyd
cant stop - RHCP
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Green Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Member - Geddy Lee Fan Club -

Hartke 4x10, 400W VX cab
Hartke HA3500 350W head

Squire Custom JAZZ Bass (Midnight Blue)
Suck My Kiss- RHCP
My Generation- The Who
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
Suck My Kiss- RHCP
My Generation- The Who
i friggin love that bassline
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
^^ Haha, I just learned most of that the other day. Great song, awesome run. RHCP is awesome.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
i thought boris the spider by the who was gonna be tricky when i heard it, but when i got the tab and started playing, it was really easy
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
If Anaesthesia (pulling teeth)'s heavy section at the end is easy could I ask where you got a good tab from? I cant work it out... but the first part is effects making the sound, which is cool...

Club Foot by Kasabian
In the Name of God by Dream Theater sounder hard but its pretty easy except for a few parts.
constant motion by dream theater

the intro is the hardest part, imo
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
schism by tool

not a beginner song.
although i thought id have trouble with it, but i picked it up pretty fast.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
schism by tool

not a beginner song.

defiantly i thought that was going to be so much harder
and all off metillica when i started playing their stuff
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
schism by tool

not a beginner song.

Same.
I thought that Higher Ground by RHCP was gona be way harder than it was.
Quote by Dwardom
constant motion by dream theater

the intro is the hardest part, imo

The solo part isnt all that easy too.
Intro is ok, its easy to pick up imo.

NIB by Black Sabbath sounded harder(not including opening solo).
I think most things are easy if you play them over and over again at a ridiculously low tempo and work up.

I never try and play something fast when im first learning it.
Laquer Head By Primus was way easier than I thought , and i agree with DMV as well.

also Certain Shade Of Green by Incubus, once you have the technique down it's well easy.
Quote by ImaHighwayChile
Laquer Head By Primus was way easier than I thought , and i agree with DMV as well.

I can't play that song....It doens't make sense to me... =(
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by King Of Suede
I can't play that song....It doens't make sense to me... =(

As soon as you get that left hand mute tap down, it becomes one of the easiest tunes ever (providing you can strum 3 strings without a pick)

it's a great tune to play to non-bassists, they assume you're some kind of genius,aha

try turning your gain up high,take it slow,mute the E with your thumb (yes,break the thumb behind neck rule), slap, tap with 2 fingers, lightly, just to get that percussive "dunk" sound, then pop, and do it again

hope that helps
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Can't Stop, Aeroplane, Higher Ground -RHCP

i thought those would be hard before i learned them, but once you just sit down, they're all quite simple.
"Phantom of the Opera" by Iron Maiden not easy, but a lot easier than I thought it would be.
The opposite: "Runaround" by Blues Traveler - I thought would be dead easy, but actually requires some chops to play accurately on a fretless and nail all the octaves and slides.
White Room by Cream, this was actually the first song I learned to play on bass so it looked pretty hard on tab for me, eventually it got extremely easy
wakka wakka wakka wakka
Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy - Mr. BIG

... and no, you don't actually have to use a power drill.
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica. It sounded and looked hard, but ended up pretty easy
~Insert Signature Here~
Quote by GregBillHill
Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy - Mr. BIG

... and no, you don't actually have to use a power drill.

Haha yeah the first time I saw that I was like ZOMFG.. But then I learned it and you get the same effect from just tremming the 16ths
Quote by Banjocal
Lady at the Gate-Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

my friend was like "it's pretty much the same as the guitar part" and then played the guitar part and i was like "oh goodness"

on the bright side, it's pretty fun to play the EXACT same part as the guitar