Poll Options
View poll results: ???
I want my job to be a guitarist.
47 47%
I just play for my hobby...
48 48%
I'm going to be in the music industry but not a guitarist
3 3%
I want to be something else like a sound egineer and etc.
3 3%
Voters: 101.
How many of you are actually going to persuade a job as a guitarist? I want my job to be a guitarist in a Technical Blacken Death Metal Band and have a side project band for other genres I like and softer Metal.

Edit: forget option 2.It is like the same as option 4.
Last edited by The Minorthreat at May 2, 2008,
count me in

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200
well im trying but its not easy finding other musicians with my interests in f*ing south carolina
Quote by exect4500
I believe the word your looking for is pursue

Who ****ing cares.

It is a mistake you'll live. and if you want to be a smart ass... I think the word you are looking for is You're
Last edited by The Minorthreat at May 3, 2008,
i LOVE guitar, its way more than a hobby to me, but being a pro guitarist doesnt interest me in the slightest, tho im sure ill be in a band or two in my days
Quote by The Minorthreat
Who ****ing cares.

It is a mistake you'll live. and if you want to be a smart ass... I think the word you are look for is You're

I believe the correct term is looking.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
I believe the correct term is looking.
i lol'ed
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by PPPussycatt
well im trying but its not easy finding other musicians with my interests in f*ing south carolina

I'm in North Carolina... Charlotte, to be exact...
Quote by DeanESPJackson
you dinks aren't brothers are you...damn funny reading the banter...

what?

*cough*youhaveamulti-account*cough
I'm going to be a small time guitar teacher to get money to study music in uni. Then I'm going big and maybe even hiring other teachers.

If that fails, I wanna be a high school music teacher!

Quote by The Minorthreat
Who ****ing cares.

It is a mistake you'll live. and if you want to be a smart ass... I think the word you are looking for is You're

Relax. He just corrected you.
Last edited by leephan at May 3, 2008,
Quote by leephan
I'm going to be a small time guitar teacher to get money to study music in uni. Then I'm going big and maybe even hiring other teachers.

If that fails, I wanna be a high school music teacher!

Relax. He just corrected you.

and I corrected him.
Fourth option, but I have no idea how to get there.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I've got no intention of ever doing anything professional in music.

At one point in time many years ago I thought I'd like to be a producer, but after being more exposed to the music industry I became completely disenchanted with the idea. As far as guitar playing goes, I only ever started playing for my own entertainment. I never even intend to play a single gig - I don't want to ever play a gig. For me my guitar playing is something completely personal and I don't like 'sharing' it with anyone.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
In September, I'm going to the Bristol Institute of Modern Music to get a Professional Diploma and then maybe a BA in Musicianship, then I'll use the contacts that the institute has to get into the industry (as a guitarist).

I'm going all the way with this, yeah .
I'd love to have a career as a guitarist, but its so difficult to do that its unlikely it'll ever happen.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I'd like to, it's my dream, but there's no way I could do it. Living as a professional musician is almost suicide here in Spain (unless you sell out and do what other people tell you to do) :P
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Id love to be a professional musician. Have a Heavy Metal Band + Acoustic band as a Side project. =]
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
I plan on getting as far bandwise as possible. But besides that I do plan on having a job besides that too, because it's hard to live of being a musician alone, unless you're super known.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I want my job to be a guitarist. 28 48.28%

Im guessing not almost 50% of people who vote for this poll will ever be professional musicians.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Not truly sure, I mean, I like Guitar, but I haven't been playing that long and I'm not 100% sure if I wanna get into a band so, I really have no idea what I will be like in a years time or more....
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
Im going to play gigs with a band when I'm older a couple times a week, but on the side I will be something else.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
i'm more of a hobby guitarist, i also do some work as a sound engineer every now and then (i'm qualified, but i'm also lazy). I couldn't vote for both of those options though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i want to be a guitar teacher... kickass job there...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
I'd like to be in an independent band who would self-record and self-release my own albums. But would have to think of a way to make millions to build own recording studio to start with. But its not something i would like to do with i have other options.
Guitar: Cort G290
Amp: Laney LX65R
Pedal: Korg AX3G Multi-Effect
ill do everything i can do get into the music industry.

" Blompcube
GAK.co.uk sucks."

why?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
" Blompcube
GAK.co.uk sucks."

why?

long story, but the basic thing is, their terms and conditions are just legal crap to keep them out of trouble when they mess people around.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.