Why hello there fellas,Can anybody help me out in trying to find out the best way to transfer video from my mini dv camcorder to my computer, so i can edit it in a couple software programs i got.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Firewire

All mini DV cameras should have a 1394/iLink/firewire port on them that looks like this:

Sony calls it an "iLink" but its all the same...
just get yourself a firewire cable

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124003and if your desktop doesnt have a slot, get this:

If you are using a program like Adobe Premiere you should capture directly into that.
Windows movie maker should work ok as well though...

You should be able to control the camera from the computer which is nice

If you have any other questions on video gear or software feel free to send me a message. I'm going into this field and know quite a bit about it all already.
cool thanks, JVC (my camera manufact) suggests i buy their $30 cable, but could i just get another (cheaper) one?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
thats what i thought, thanks
Quote by Chikitty_China