I found a Trak drum kit for 149 dollars, and a Sabian High-hat. I bought a crash cymbal today just to complete the set making it a 7 piece.

Now to be honest i have no idea how to use it at all. I just set it up from how pictures looked on the internet
www.freedrumlessons.com has some good videos/lessons to get you started.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I can play the drums a little bit.

You have to set up left handed or right handed or/and left footed
or right footed.lol

You can get books for druming patterns sort of speak.
Just start off slow as you did with the guitar.

A drum machine would be nice to have. This way you can practice to veriouse drumming loops, style or patterns and adjust the bpm.
Most important keep a steady tempo no matter what bpm.

I started with just playing 1/8 notes on the hi hats.
The proper way to play it is to cross you arms sort of speak.
There also different ways you're suppose to hold the sticks
Last edited by Ordinary at May 3, 2008,
The proper way to play it is to cross you arms sort of speak
Cross-hand is not the 'proper' way to play, but it is a good way to play. Open-hand is also a good way to play and it's a good idea to know how to use both.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I've been playing for around 3 years. I can tell you that you will most likely never reach your potential without a good drums teacher. Even if you do, it's going to take a heck of a lot longer than it would have if you had gotten a teacher. So my advice would be to go out and take lessons and at least learn the basics of drumming before you develop any bad habits.
heres a popular studio tip on proper drumming:

hit the shiny things hard and everything else soft
Study drummers such as Stuart Copeland, Mike Portonory (sp), John Bonham, Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich. All amazing drummers.