Alright any oppinions on it. From what ive read from fender, its actually a rather cool guitar and personally i would like it because since my hands are small i can't play a 12 string. So is it any good? Is it worth the price? and would it be better then your average gibson les paul. (and jsut for kicks, is it better then the robot guitar)
i've only heard thru the grapevine that it is better than robot. i would love one personally but have never played thru one. auto DAD and 12 string sounds cool to me but they are doing it with solid state right? like a hybrid amp but in the guitar. i don't think it manually changes things mechanically like the Robot. soo who the hell knows..

no help, i know

;
Ive played it 3 or 4 times

Its a neat idea, but its overpriced. Despite that, as the ultimate versitile guitar, and if you don't mind digital, it kicks ass.

The Strat and tele sounds are good, the humbucker sounds are ok (probably the worst out of them all, and they are still pretty useable) and the acoustic sounds are really cool.

Im not much of an alternate tuning man, but the tunins sound good as well. I wish it had a 1/2 step down, which it doesn't. With that its perfect. Also having the standard strat pickups there is sweet if the batteries go...

In short its good, but you better have the cash to match it.
I looked at the VG before I bought the Variax 700. Much better quality modeling with the variax, but if you also want a strat then that's up to you. The thing about the 12 string though is you really need to run it through a PA rather then a guitar amp. So if you try them, give them a fair shot. That kind of modeling likes a clean PA. Using an EQ will also offer better modeling results. Most people who don't like modeling technology probably didn't have the equipment setup right. You'll be spending a fair amount of change no matter what you decide so make sure your giving it it's best shot. Also consider that for this kind of money you can get a really excellent standard guitar, so make sure it's the variety and versatility you really want.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
good stuff hawk and scott-

there are other threads to TS

as it relates to 1/2 down, which is my favorite tuning, does the below description work at all?...in other words, what happen if you manually tune down?...does it pick up where you are at and do the same things or does it get crazy and not so much on tone?

also, it mentions rotory changes so maybe it has some 'robot' features as well as i thought those changes were all solid state vs mechanical. not my gig anyway - just curious yo

;

from guitarcenter i think as i didn't get better from fender.com:

Tune function rotary control lets you choose between Normal regular tuning, Drop D, Open G, DADGAD, Baritone/Low B, and 12 string. The tuning function does not work in Normal mode when circuit is bypassed. Tuning function is also relative if you tune down to E flat, all of these tunings will transpose down a half step. .........um?
try it...
& if you like more enough than standard strat, then take it!
Not sure on the VG, but with the Variax you make the patch with workbench software any way you want it and just download it into the guitar. Pretty much endless what you can do.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Alright a few things. First off, i have never owned a quality electric guitar in my life. Most have been acoustics. The only one i had was about 7 years ago when i was 6 years old. It was an epiphone(or possibly a full-blooded gibson, my dads not sure) les paul, and at that time i didn't play the guitar. And since money was tight, my dad sold it, and it was from the 70's i think (bummer huh, it didn't have a scratch on it either). So basically ive never owned a fender or gibson. Unless you count my fender bass, but... yeah. Well thanks for some help, if theres anything i should know tell me. (btw im not buying a freaking robot guitar, far to expensive for me and it looks hard to replace a string)